Autotimer/epg?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,037 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• I had a Duo on the latest VIX image. When I hit the record button in the EPG, I got 2 options, record or add autotimer.

I have picked up an older duo and it doesn't have the latest VIX image. When I press record button, it just records the program. Autotimer is only via the blue button.

Does anyone know how to change it to act like the newer version. Without updating the whole image software?

Any help would be great..

• INTRODUCTIONS
    First post should be above - as per rules

Second to this, why don't you just update to the latest image?

When you say older Duo - what do you mean? If you have original equipment, then the age of the Duo has nothing to do with it. You can still use the latest ViX.

You have got an original haven't you???

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Sorry my question wasn't in the right format.

Yes, both boxes are originals. The "older" one was bought 18 months ago, and was happily running updated versions of the image as they became available. Then started the memory leak problem. More and more often going into the " starting" cycle.

I found my putting an older version of the image, it stopped the problem. The box is working perfectly.

Just would love to be able to replicate the almost Sly like series link option you get when you press the record button.

If its hard coded then I can live without it. If its not, then I've no idea where in any of the settings the option is active.

• No worries!!!

Anwyay - I love the Autotimer just as you do. I have used it on every image and every receiver, and if I can't get it working then I can't live with the image or box

The way I use this, is to enter the graphical EPG - when I am on an event that I want to record, then it tells me to press green for timer. If you do a long green press, then it sends the event to Autotimer rather than the bog standard one. This works for me.

• The long green press only opens the list of timers I already have.

How are the coloured buttons assigned on a VIX image?. I know on a BH image its thru Coolmans.

Would still love to be able to setup the 2 options when the record button is pressed in EPG

• If you are on the EPG and are highlighting an event you want to send to the autotimer, then a long green button press should send the event to autotimer - and pressing OK will send the new event to the timer.

• this you must be on a later image. those button presses don't do the same on mine.

However its the "record" button function I am trying to change, or find out how its assigned

Cheers

• To correct what I said eariler, It might be a blue button press for the ViX epg to sent an event to the Autotimer rather than a long green press. I was getting it mixed up with Cool TV Guide. I am not sure how you would go about doing what you want to do - maybe you can edit the keymap.xml file in /usr/local/share/enigma2 - never tried this before, there are also a couple of plugins - multiquickbutton for example - that can assign button presses, but it will depend on if it will allow you to assign it to autotimer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!