SAMBA server

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,913 times. The last Post () by BigSlim.

• I couldn't manage at first to get SAMBA working on the Nebula Zero and Hyperion images (not tried on others)
    I tried to configure using the PKT Blue Panel - Mount Center - SMB Server - nothing seeming to work.

Here is what I did - I installed SAMBA package (enclosed on this thread to download).

place the file in /tmp and install the IPK through BluePanel or Software Management (in the setup menu) - then reboot
    Then edit /etc/samba/smb.conf - this is what I have in my config file

and to enable it to start on boot, add this to /var/config/rc.user

Code
    /etc/init.d/samba start

this setup got it working and gives me access to two points - Root and Harddisk - and it starts on boot.

Not sure if others had the same issues using SAMBA on the BluePanel, but I did, and this is how I got round it.

• Hello

So first i have tried wit the blue panel and its not working because i forget to put my PC Ip on the line IP host allow

After that all is working nice with Debian Ubuntu

I keep your files in a right place and one day if someone need it you can ask to me

Many thanks and nice day to all

• master G

Added the Label Article

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!