I'm asking for the impossible

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 885 times. The last Post () by Antoj.

• I really hope someone can help me find the box I'm after, I've looked on the site sponsors website and have seen lots of fantastic receivers however can't find one that hits all my requirements.

I've recently cancelled my sly subscription as I'm not a big tele or sport fan (except f1 but I prefer bbc coverage anyway), the one thing we miss is the user friendly features of the sly hd box.

Ok so this is what I'm after in order of importance

1. Dvbt (rte stations) dvbs (bbc)
    2. User friendly 7 day epg for both sat and terr
    3. Triple tuner, record one channel and watch a different etc (I presume the single dvbt tuner would allow me to watch one terrestrial ch while recording a different terrestrial ch on the same mux)
    4. DVR preferably built in as I find the USB recorders a bit hit or miss
    5. Good online support
    6. MPEG5 for Saorview teletext
    7. I know this is expecting far too much but is it possible for a box other than a sly or freesat box to automatically update itself following a channel frequency move.

My budget is undecided as of yet but don't mind paying for the right setup.

BTW I've heard of guys experimenting with freesat humax twin tuners and disecq switches to bring in rte via saorsat but I believe this doesn't work satisfactorily plus I'd be missing 2 local stations which aren't broadcast on saorsat.

Thank you for your patience with the long winded post

Sent from my iTelecommunications Communications Device & Tapatalk

• I had an amiko alien2 triple tuner, watched the saorview channels here in Ireland, but be warned that this depends on the image you have installed on the amiko , I had it working on the HDMU images.

Just bought a gigablue quad cost a bit more but well worth it , but also watching the saorview channels on it with the vix image. i got the dvb-t tuner installed when I purchased it. I have not set up a hard-drive on this yet so cant answer all of ur questions.

You will get all the BBC's and ITV's and loads more because they are free-sat anyway on both receivers,

• I take it you mean MHEG-5 - is something you will have do to without on these sort of receivers. You would need to look more at HPTC setup if this is needed. From experience I know that Windows Media Center supports this.

As for the rest of it you are probably best looking at the GiGaBlue Quad or Venton HD3 with DVB-T tuners. Also bear in mind that some Enigma2 receivers will support external DVB-T tuners.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Ok so I've decided on the gigablue quad 2dvbs tuners and 2dvbt tuners.

I just have two further questions:
    1. I'm going to buy from site sponsors who offer the option of a preloaded image, which should I go for?? I was thinking factory image and then update it myself although I don't understand FTP so mightn't be able to update image myself

2. Can I take the hard drive out of my old Thompson *** hd box and fit it in the giga blue or am I far better off spending the extra 50 quid and get a new harddrive fitted???

Thanks

Sent from my iTelecommunications Communications Device & Tapatalk

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!