mediaportal question is there anyway of changing the language to English??

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,823 times. The last Post () by gerryd13.

• hey, is there anyway of changing the language to English?? now I know most of it is easy to work and understand but the likes of youtube when I want to search I cannit do it because I its all german.....and I failed my german exam at school lol

thanks

• well thats not strictly true.

you can change the default audio to english,but only if the host site allows both english and german audio selection.

eg movie4k

this allows both,so simply edit the movie4k.py file to use the english cookie on the site and also to select english by default.

to do this,you need to open the py file in a good python editor such as gedit then search for =de (german)
    then change all the results from =de to =us (english)

save and send it back to your box and restart enigma2.

now everytime you open movie4k all the results found will be english ones and all the streams will be in the english language.

i forget actually how many of the sites give both english and german audio,but i know kinox is another that does,off the top of my head.

there are several that do,but not all do,so you will have to check for yourselves by going to these hosts sites on your pc and seeing if you can stream anything on the pc in english.
    if you can,then the py for that site can also be edited in the same way as what you did for movie.4k

Ian.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!