Vu+ Solo2 Blue circle light flickering and stuck in standby menu! Help!

There are 13 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 4,784 times. The last Post () by mrkrabs.

• Hi guys,

For several weeks now my Solo2 is having a strange problem whereby the standby menu pops up on the screen for absolutely no reason whatsoever. If I press [exit] on the remote control the screen goes blank for a split second and then shows the standby menu again. I cannot get this to go away and none of the buttons on the remote control will work. This is the same from my universal remote control. When the standby menu is on the blue circle light on the box begins to flicker. Here is a short video of the problem. You will notice that the box starting working correctly again towards the end of the video when the blue circle light dimmed.

The problem is vert much intermittent but is definitely getting worse. It happens almost every 20-30 minutes now; making the box almost completely unwatchable. Strangely, it works fine over Webif and using the Vu+ android tablet app. It streams video anc changes channel no bother at all.

I have tried new batteries, 2 separate remote controls, removing hard drives and pen drivers, flashing different images countless times (Blackhole and Open VIX), using stock firmware from Vu+ website etc. I cannot think of anything else to try and as it stands, my box is being returned for repair/replacement. I should also point out that sometimes the box will get stuck on starting and not even boot up at all. I would then have to switch it off for a few hours and then it seems to boot ok. If there's anything else you guys can suggest that may fix this I would appreciate it. Of course, I would prefer not to have to send my box away but at the moment it looks like I have no choice.

Here's a video cliip of me attempting to flash back to the original stock firmware, and yet again the box is stuck on starting, but notice the strange behaviour of the blue circle light. It is very bright and flickering and I have no idea what is causing it.

Really appreciate any help that can be provided. Thank you!

• No, the replies were not wasted or ignored? Why would you say that? I tried every suggestion that was made and all I'm doing is putting it out there to as many people as I can in the hope that perhaps just one other person has had a similar issue and can tell me definitively that a) it needs to be sent back
    or b) they figured out some other miraculous way of fixing it by perhaps reseating an internal cable or something. The retailer did mention that I would incur a charge if they found no fault so I want to be absolutely certain that there's nothing else I can do.

• So why haven't you returned it then, unless its because you know it's something you've done?

Sent from my iThing using sorcery and the magic interweb.

Did you not read my last post?! And no, I most certainly haven't done anything to have caused this. Once again, I'm trying to avoid a potentially lengthy repair process and charges.

• Contact your retailer, they should be able to fix your issue under warranty. If purchased from us we'd have no issues repairing it so dont see why any other retailer would. To fix your issue you need the front panel VFD/Circuit board replacing. Don't waste your time trying stuff to fix. We've repaired two other units with similar issue.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Contact your retailer, they should be able to fix your issue under warranty. If purchased from us we'd have no issues repairing it so dont see why any other retailer would. To fix your issue you need the front panel VFD/Circuit board replacing. Don't waste your time trying stuff to fix. We've repaired two other units with similar issue.

Thanks a lot! That is exactly the kind of answer I was trying to find. Really appreciate it.

There you go TK4|2|1. Perfectly logical to ask the same question on different forums.

• Exactly the same hear has happened to me. Very disappointed as i switched from dream boxes with no problems for years.

World of sat as said for me to return it which i will this week.

This has now left me with no receiver down stairs BOOOOOOO.

I do have another VU Solo 2 in the bedroom with no problems so far but it does worry me what else might go wrong.

I am gad that some one else has had problems and not just me.( just a saying not meant to cause any offence )

I must say what a well explained and laid out post.

Lets hope that their is not lots of problems round the corner.

Thanks

• @ Marcus, as advised the VU+ range from experience have very reliable hardware. To put your mind at rest this is not a common issue.

world-of-satellite-banner.gif
    Official Sponsor of the OpenViX Team

Official Distributor of Formuler, Edision, GiGaBlue, Mut@nt Technomate, VU+, and many more...

Secure online ordering - Paypal and all major cards accepted - Order online 7 days a week!

PRICE MATCH PROMISE - WE'LL TRY TO MATCH ANY UK PRICE*

*SEEN ANY PRODUCT CHEAPER? CONTACT US AND WE’LL TRY TO MATCH LIKE FOR LIKE!

• Hi Ten Below,

I've attached the messages log file as you requested. I hope this is of some use to you. It would be interesting to hear if you find anything that could solve this, but I guess that's just wishful thinking :tenb:

• Official Post

Hi Ten Below,

I've attached the messages log file as you requested. I hope this is of some use to you. It would be interesting to hear if you find anything that could solve this, but I guess that's just wishful thinking :tenb:

Thanks buddy, it was more the point that if the problem is logged we can spot the error & advise any member with the same problem in the future what action to take rather than they wait for a reply that will never come. Thanks for attaching this mate.
    :tenb:

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!