ten below vix backup problem

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,465 times. The last Post () by doink1955.

• alrights lads, ive tried to download a ccam from the Linux addons but everytime I do it I get opkg_conf_load: could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable

but ive clean up the plugins I don't need and rebooted the box but still I get this??

• Official Post

alrights lads, ive tried to download a ccam from the Linux addons but everytime I do it I get opkg_conf_load: could not lock /var/lib/opkg/lock: resource temporarily unavailable

but ive clean up the plugins I don't need and rebooted the box but still I get this??

Have read others reporting this on different images (original releases) but tbh i have no idea what this means buddy, did you alter the opkg conf file?
    I guess the easiest fix is to backup your settings & reflash, i am no dev buddy but uploading the contents of the file in question would help, you can also try deleting it & see what happens when it creates a new when needed. I searched the problem too and although reading some things that supposedly resolved it they are pot luck more than anything else imo.

• I've never touched the opkg so its a mystery to me ive used the image before and it worked perfect...and if you don't have a clue then I cant see anybody else will lol. but thanks for the reply, ill try your BH backup and see if that works

ps have you any new backups in the pipeline??

• Official Post

I've never touched the opkg so its a mystery to me ive used the image before and it worked perfect...and if you don't have a clue then I cant see anybody else will lol. but thanks for the reply, ill try your BH backup and see if that works

ps have you any new backups in the pipeline??

Sure there will be buddy but finding the time is not so easy especially now the kids are on summer holidays, but the best advise mate is to have a bash yourself & share with us. Once you get into the habit you wont want to use backups again, i do these purely to help the newbies because i remember what it was like setting up myself first time round.

• This is usually a sign that the database feeds have become corrupted within the image, deleting /var/lib/opkg/lists then a enigma restart should resolve the issue.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ SOLO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!