NAS Drive mount Openbox s6000 HD

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,421 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Official Post

Been trying for a few days to mount my drive on my S6000hd but not working on Vix or openpli.
    Has anyone managed this?? If so what firmware and short instuction would be great.

Thanks in advance

• If it is a SAMBA (CIFs) NAS then you need to install SAMBA first - I know in ViX it is in the network section of the settings, then you need use network browser to find the IP address of the NAS - then you can mount it. It might not me CIFs, could be NFS, but should still work.

Bear in mind this receiver is a tad controversial, because althouth it is not fooling us in to thinking it is a VU+ Solo (so not strictly a clone in the counterfeit sense), it does fool the software, so you will not get help from a lot of quarters for this receiver.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Official Post

Thanks for your reply, the NAS drive has its own software on it, to enable folders to be public or secured. I have managed to mount it on my Amiko Alien 2 without too many issue's.
    I did not need to install samba on the amiko.
    On my openbox i am able to find the drive under the network browser and have tried every which way/ setting in mount manager, but it still dosn't come up under the media player or wont save EPG data to it. Have been reading users of VU+ solo have also had issues mounting a nas drive, wondered if it was a common issue or if im just doing something wrong??
    As the software has been "doctored" to run on the "clone" wondered if thats the issue?? I take it the are no issue's with a Solo??

Thanks

• The image it self has not been modified or "doctored" to run on the receiver but the hardware it self spoofs that of a Vu+solo hence why if you click Menu> Information> About it will tell you it's a Vu+ solo and not a Openbox.

The ViX image does not have samba installed by default, you must install this your self from the network menu.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!