Boot openbox x5 from usb ("recovery")

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 26,890 times. The last Post () by negro152.

• [Guide] How to boot X5 from USB

(boot X5 from USB= upgrade X5 by RS232 port )

If your receiver is dead or can not turn on ( have light on panel, but can not work), can have a try to boot X5 from USB:

Booting from USB-Drive

1.- Create “recovery” folder in USB drive

2.- Copy KD_P9000E_HD.bin file to the “recovery” folder of USB* drive.

3.- Attach the USB device to the STB via any available USB port.

4.- Turn power on while pressing OK key on front panel.

5.- Keep pressing OK key until showing “Lxxx” message on LED of front panel.

6.- Check TV screen that s/w is recovering(updating) by USB drive.

7.- The STB will restart automatically after finishing s/w recovery (update).

* USB drive shall be FAT32 file format. Its doesn’t support NTFS format, only one related .bin file shall be in recovery folder, do not change the file name. If it is different, the boot from USB will not work.

• is there a new usb boot file anywhere thats available for download im having the same problem with the error any1 any ideas ? because im in a hoop ear cheers in advance

• When i try to boot my openbox x5 from usb it load up 100% and say check Error, Try Again.
    This box failed when up upgrade the latest firmware.

• Got a Dead Openbox X5?
    Here is what you need to fix it.
    I have 2 zip folders here and if one does not help use the other.
    Try First zip labeled Recover X5
    If that fails use Second zip labeled Recover X5 2.

To recover your Box by USB.
    Extract the zip to a FAT32 Formatted USB Drive.
    Nothing else to be on this USB drive.
    In the zip will be a folder called Recovery.
    Do not change anything.

Insert the USB key into your Openbox X5.
    Turn on the power and imediately press and hold the OK button until your Openbox X5 states Updating S/W on screen.
    Once you let go just allow up to 10 minutes for full flash to complete. Your Openbox X5 will reboot and you will have completely fixed your Openbox.

Disclaimer.
    Using these files, you do so at your own risk. I take no responsibility if you damage your box in any way.

• 3rd firmware for openbox x5 recovery

- - - Updated - - -

If the Open box is not powering on at all it may be fried.
    Can you tell us if you see anything on the box's display when you are booting up?
    If you are not you can try 2 methods.
    1: Insert USB in the front or the back. Try both.
    2: Press and hold the OK button until you see LOAD on the front of the box. Let go then. If this fails, Press and hold the middle button which is located right in the center of the directional buttons.
    Please let us know here if this worked for you.

Look forward to hearing from you.

have tried all of these nothing working, red light flashing ,no responce when turned on with usb plugged in,

• I tried both methods and does not work with any ... mention that I already installed the firmware openbox x5 alphabox ... how can I go to another older firmware? I do not work in any way and give me the boot file fail ...

• I tried both methods and does not work with any ... mention that I already installed the firmware openbox x5 alphabox ... how can I go to another older firmware? I do not work in any way and give me the boot file fail ...

Try UART loader for Openbox X5, I flashed wrong firmware and was able to recover using UART loader.
    The tool accepts command line arguments where u need to supply firmware bin file path com port number and baud rate.

Try to search, I don't have link handy.

Edited once, last by rmg_hrr ().

• Hello,
    i have an Openbox X5 Pro with the same problem...i have tried to do exactly what is mentioned on the 1st post (also renamed the file to KD_P9550E_HD.bin) but i get allways the same message: "Check Error, Try again" :(

Any guess?

Thanks in advance for all the help

Cheers

Edited once, last by kelsinni ().

• I changed baudrate of 115,200 set in 9600 after three attempts I managed to install this firmware update ... for consoledown press right click on it and change .... I did .... I did the procedure on Windows XP and I had to wait a little until he started

Edited 2 times, last by gopo34 ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!