Loadbalancer in OSCam - Help please

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 8,588 times. The last Post () by championc.

• Hi all,

I have NO Local cards - just remote Peers. I thought it would be a good idea to use the Loadbalancer so that my OSCam server would not be requesting cards from Every one of my Peers but when I turned it on for Fastest First, the settings I choose in "Number of Best Readers", "Number of Best Readers per caid" and "Number of Fallback Readers" gave crazy Timeouts. The times when up from 0.2 or 0.3 to 7 secs.

What values would people suggest for these parameters please - or should I just not bother at all with the Loadbalancer ?

Regards
    C

• http://linuxsat-support.com/os…ike-ecm-loadbalancer.html

Have a look at the above for a guide on loadbalancer. It might also be a good idea to look at oscam.services, because you can then control what you receive from your peers. You can reject hop 2 cards where you have another peer with that card on hop 1 for example. It sounds to me that you are latching on to the best reader but further down the line it is freezing. Try disabling this peer and see if the same thing happens, and look in to using the oscam.services function.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks Musogeek

I have all readers setup with equal weights of 100.

If I decided to be reading from a best 5 peers, would I set lb_nbest_readers = 5 or should I set it to 1 and the OSCam will use it's own stats to work out which one is best ? Consequentally, what would then be the recomendation for the value for lb_nfb_readers be ?

Regards
    C

• If all 5 readers are equally good, just leave all the lb_weoght's at 100 and oscam will work out best readers from stats it generates itself..
    If you have 2 better readers, you could set:
    best readers to 2

Code
    lb_nbest_readers = 2

and fallback readers to 3

Code
    lb_nfb_readers = 3

Loadbalance in oscam (in my opinion) is still not the perfect solution, It is a help but there are still many bugs/problems that are setup specific.. You can click on all the settings in oscam to open up explanations in the oscam wiki page. You would be best advised to play with numerous configurations over time taking notes or pro's / con's and slowly fine tune your setup. What works for me might not necessarly work for your setup & vice versa..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I find the wiki really unhelpful / confusing. It tells you what a thing is and then the default value. But in many cases, you have to know what something is to understand that it is. It's a real black or white document rather than going a little deeper in explanations.

Anyway, thanks for your explanation. Should I be able to get the same speed of responses when using the LB as opposed to not using it ? Right now, times look higher. I don't want to spend ages trying to achieve the impossible.

Does anyone out there have an oscam.conf file which they have working well for LB WITHOUT any local cards ?

• I've been messing about again with Load Balancing and I started with the default config so things look a bit better now.

However, just one question about Timeouts. I have a Peer where there are a few stations that have now been saved as Timeouts. Can someone please explain / confirm as to what Config item is the one that determines as to when the station will be re-tried by OSCam if it sits with a Timeout status (i.e. Readers > Show Loadbalancer Stats)

I've been messing about again with Load Balancing and I started with the default config so things look a bit better now.

However, just one question about Timeouts. I have a Peer where there are a few stations that have now been saved as Timeouts. Can someone please explain / confirm as to what Config item is the one that determines as to when the station will be re-tried by OSCam if it sits with a Timeout status (i.e. Readers > Show Loadbalancer Stats)

What version of oscam are you using? There have been huge improvements to LB from SVN #8895, so I would advise you to first update to the latest SVN (8917 at the moment), you might find that your problems have been solved..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Many thanks. V8917 now loaded and working. I went with 8917 because it's had a huge number of downloads by comparison to all other versions since 8895

Can anyone confirm as to how a Timed Out srvid is ignored / not checked before it is checked again ? If a remote peer had an issue and many srvid's got tagged as Timeout, then I'm worried that they could remain out of the loop for a considerable period of time even though there may only have been a 5 minute blip.

Many thanks. V8917 now loaded and working. I went with 8917 because it's had a huge number of downloads by comparison to all other versions since 8895

Can anyone confirm as to how a Timed Out srvid is ignored / not checked before it is checked again ? If a remote peer had an issue and many srvid's got tagged as Timeout, then I'm worried that they could remain out of the loop for a considerable period of time even though there may only have been a 5 minute blip.

You can clear a Timeout by going to Config / Loadbalancer / Clear Timeouts down the bottom (On the oscam webif).

But if this is a sid that is on your local, you are better off using oscam.services & adding that sid and all sids your card clears to the Loadbalancer whitelist..

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!