BoxNation stopped working on oscam help!!!

There are 24 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,348 times. The last Post () by spodge007.

• Hello everyone!! :smile:

I'm having trouble getting the BoxNation channel working on my DM800 through my oscam server. I have a BoxNation subscription and the channel works fine through my sly hd box.

I have checked that I have the latest channel listings on my DM800 and do not get a tune failure. All I get is a black screen which suggests to me that the channel is not being decrypted for some reason!

I was wondering if I might need to upgrade the version of oscam I'm using...?

Anyone know if there is a problem at the moment with BoxNation or have any suggestions...?

Many thanks,

Spodge

• I don't think I'm using a whitelist, BoxNation used to work fine with my current setup.

I have not watch that channel for a good while now, so can't say for sure when it stopped working!

Thanks for the advice about the original box, out of interest what is the risk in doing this...?

• I don't think I'm using a whitelist, BoxNation used to work fine with my current setup.

I have not watch that channel for a good while now, so can't say for sure when it stopped working!

Thanks for the advice about the original box, out of interest what is the risk in doing this...?

Boxes are being updated and your card will be blocked if it updated to the new software

• Hi Skunk, thank you for the reply.

Is there a guide to updating oscam that you followed, sorry but it's been well over a year since I had to touch my server configuration so very rusty! lol

What do you mean if I've been paired...? Do you mean if I left the card in the original sly box too long and it's updated and re-paired with it, as mentioned by Steve...? What do you mean by 'Thompson' box...?

Sorry for all the questions!! :waaaht:

Spodge

• Some boxes are being updated and when the card goes in its wont work in oscam then you need to find the above mentioned type of box and ask them to put it on your account replacing your old box to get working again as the pairing method is different to the new setup , but however there are reports of this not working /or working at first then not /i dont see you having this issue with just 1 channel not working

• Well I'm stumped then guys....

Don't really want to upgrade my oscam install, as you say it's just one bloody channel. That old famous saying of 'if it ain't broke to fix it!' rings loud and clear, don't really want to risk screwing my server if I get it wrong! lol

Thanks for the useful comments.

Spodge

• Upgrading oscam is risk free because you can always just revert back to the old one...

Here is a tut for building it on linux PC:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…u-debian-simplebuild.html
    but you will need tool chains etc so you might be better off downloading it from link in navbar
    Download latest Oscam

Just download latest compatible version for your box..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• to update your oscam on your Dreambox
    go to the latest oscam at the top of the forum
    then find the link for your box
    Then download this version
    oscam-svn8765-mips-tuxbox-oe2.0-webif-Distribution.tar.g
    unzip it and upload it to var/bin on your dream box
    also rename the Oscam which is in the folder to old as a back up
    set attributes to 755

• Hi guys,

Thanks for the feedback much appreciated as always! :smile:

I am not actually using my DM800 as a server, running a HP PC with Ubuntu Server distro installed. I'm guessing that should be almost as easy to upgrade, but I think I will take a backup of the server first using CloneZilla just as a bit of arse cover! lol

I will let you all know how I get on so watch this space....

Cheers,

Spodge

• Always good practise to have server backups but updating oscam is a simple procedure that will not interfere with anything else and It is also a simple revert back to previous version...

Easy Step by step for building your own:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/os…u-debian-simplebuild.html

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Thanks mate, just read through your tutorial and it looks very straight forward.

Couple of quick questions...

I am running Ubuntu 11.xx would you recommend upgrading to a newer version and then updating oscam?

Had a look at the latestoscam link and a little confused which binary I should be using...?

Can I simply download the latest oscam bin file and then just follow 'Step 3' of the tutorial or do I still need to follow Steps 1 & 2 as well...?

Sorry for all the silly questions, would just like to get it right first time round and with as little effort as possible! lol

Thank you for all your help so far! :caz3:

Spodge

I am running Ubuntu 11.xx would you recommend upgrading to a newer version and then updating oscam?

No m8, use whatever version of ubuntu works for you, it will have very little effect on oscam, in fact from tests I found that older versions of ubuntu ran oscam/cccam better but very little real world difference..

Can I simply download the latest oscam bin file and then just follow 'Step 3' of the tutorial or do I still need to follow Steps 1 & 2 as well...?

Yep, pretty much rename old oscam drop in new, chmod 755 it and reboot or stop/start oscam...
    To revert back, delete new oscam, and rename old one back & reboot or stop/start oscam...

Had a look at the latestoscam link and a little confused which binary I should be using...?

Depends on Linux os build (x32/x64) card reader (smargo = libusb) (omnikey=pcsc)

So give us a little more info on your server and we can narrow it down for you..

NOTE: For omnikey, you will have to build your own or download version compiled with pcsc support

• Cheers Thatfellow, you're an absolute legend! :2pints:

I'm using a 32-bit (x86) OS and a Smargo USB reader.

Just hope it sorts the issue out with BoxNation after all this! lol I am currently running OSCAM 1.00-unstable_svn build #5369. Pretty old now I'm guessing, but it has worked perfectly for me since configuring the server, which well over a year ago. Not really sure when the BoxNation channel stopped working...!!

Cheers,

Spodge

• Sweet, good stuff m8... Lots of changes since oscam 1.00, there have been a few modules moved around in 1.20 SVN since so your configs might need slight tweaking but If you have any problems post them and we will have em updated in a jiffy!

• Hi Thatfellow,

Only backed up my server so far... not had time and my dad wants to watch the football now lol! Hoping to update oscam later on tonight.

Would you say that I'll be safe using this type of binary file for my particular setup...?

oscam-svn8771-x86_64-pc-linux-webif-libusb-ssl-Distribution.tar.gz

I will upload my oscam config files, let me know if you think there are any amendments I need to make.

Cheers,

Spodge

• Ok so I've replaced the oscam binary with the one mentioned above and followed 'Step 3' in the guide.

My oscam web interface is now no longer accessible! I have no idea how to even check what is working and what isn't! lol

Help please....?

Spodge

NOTE: I have reverted back to the original binary for now to restore service! :-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!