DM500s Reader

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,070 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi,

It is my first time for setting up this kind of a server, I am new to this but I was able to successfully setup my Ubuntu server and have install the automated OSCAM and CCcam 2.13 package. Great appreciation goes out to thatfellow.
    I now want connect my card reader to the server, I don't have smargo nor omnikey but I do have a dreambox 500s, how do i go about setting into becoming a reader? I am using a dstv card, do i have to still pay for the card in order to make it active? or as long as the card is readable that is enough, meaning I just have to pop into the dreambox 500s.

Secondly, from reading through the forum I have understood that two files need to be edited, oscam.user on the DM500s and CCcam.cfg on the server where I have to add the N-line. My questions are as follows:

Oscam.user
    [account]
    user = (Do I specify the username to the Ubuntu Server?)
    pwd = (Is this the password for the above user?)
    group = (What is this?)
    au = (What is this?)
    caid = (What is this?)

CCcam.cfg

N: 192.168.X.X 10000 ubuntu server 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

Is the 192.168.X.X a static IP of the dreambox 500s and how about the 'ubuntu server' what is this? then I suppose whatever follows is a default line 01 through to 256.

Once all this is set then I need to configure my Flines and Clines, is that correct?

I will appreciate your help.

http://linuxsat-support.com/os…r-my-new-pc-server-4.html

• Hi,

I am new to this, but I successfully configured my ubuntu server and now also has the automated oscam/cccam 2.1.3 running on it. Great appreciation to thatfellow for making that awesome tutorial. I need some clarifications on how to make a dm500s as a reader. I am going for this option because I do not have smargo or omnikey readers. When using the dm500s, I am using a dstv card, 36 degrees E, do I have to still pay for this card to make it active?

After inserting the card, I believe there are two configuration files to alter oscam.user on the dm500 and cccam.cfg, there are some queries I have to edting these two files properly

Oscam.user

[account]
    user = (Is this the username for the ubuntu server?)
    pwd = (Is this the password for the username above?)
    group = 1 (What is this?)
    au = ***UK (What is this?)
    caid = 0963 (What is this?)

CCcam.cfg
    I have to add an N-line like the one below:

N: 192.168.X.X 10000 ubuntu server 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14 256

1. Is 192.168.x.x a static IP address of the dm500s ?

2. What is the 'ubuntu server' username and password or what is it?

3. The line values from 01-256 are probably default values which should be as they are.

I will appreciate your help.

• I am new to all this and friends always wanted me to set up something that we could share. I managed to set up an ubuntu server with automated Oscam/CCcam 2.1.3 package and also did a DNS updater on the server. Now the remaining bits would be hooking up a reader and writing out the F lines and C lines. About the reader, I would like to use a dm500s as my reader and the card that I would like to use is dstv card on 36E, I have a few questions if I intend to use the dstv card, does it have to be active in the sense that do i have to still pay for it? and if that is the case how do I configure the dm500s as a reader and connect it to the server.

• Please Read the rules here
    Forum Rules

Then make an Introduction as required by Rule <1> here
    Introductions

I have a few questions if I intend to use the dstv card, does it have to be active in the sense that do i have to still pay for it?

Yes, you will need a valid & Paid Sub..

if that is the case how do I configure the dm500s as a reader and connect it to the server.

Well m8, you managed to find a year old thread that answers your question, so after you introduce yourself, have good a read of it!
    After your introduction in the correct section you will get support on the configs...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!