VIX Image - 4 digit channel number entry not working? Quick question

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,488 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Ok so iv added a second dish for my dad on 13 / 19.2 to give him my sly italia and a few other footie shares, heres the problem - he's useless with the box (vix image ) so i thought hang on i can just tell him the channel number since he has the same list as mine - here lies the problem - i can only type 3 numbers in so if its on channel 2157 it will only let me enter 215 ? , any suggestions / work around ? Cheers Guys

• Best option is to get him to embrace the technology and get used to the bouquets etc...
    If my old man could do it, there is hope for everyone...
    He still does not hang up his mobile when he's finished on calls but he can navigate through enigma2 like a pro now...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I did see somewhere posted that if you hit the OK button immediately after pressing the 4th digit that it will zap that 4 digit channel, try that m8..

EDIT:
    Scratch that, found the post, its just to cut out the waiting time, sorry m8...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• if your using ViX the easiest way would be to press the TV button on the remote while in the Graphical EPG, this will pull up a Bouquet list where the programme synopsis normally sits, you can then navigate to any channel very easily without leaving the EPG, or use ABM and set it up for your local region which will match exactly the *** uk numbering.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• if your using ViX the easiest way would be to press the TV button on the remote while in the Graphical EPG, this will pull up a Bouquet list where the programme synopsis normally sits, you can then navigate to any channel very easily without leaving the EPG, or use ABM and set it up for your local region which will match exactly the *** uk numbering.

So out of interest is it a hardware or image limitation , seems so simple to just type the number.

• So out of interest is it a hardware or image limitation , seems so simple to just type the number.

software related as far as i know but it's not as simple as changing one line of code, it would be a very labour intensive and complex task and one unlikely to be undertaken unless there is a massive demand, that said most of the features in ViX are as a direct result of user requests so it would not hurt to make a official request, the worst that can happen would be andy telling you no.

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

VU+ DUO PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!