help me understand USALS set up when replacing sat receiver

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,437 times. The last Post () by TK4|2|1.

• Hi at the moment have a TM 6800Hd set up with USALS , now waiting for my TM twin to come, so i input my location, but how does it know where the dish is pointing when i change the boxes over.

Robert

• It does not need to know where dish is pointing if you are using usals. All you have to do is put same coordinates you have in the receiver you are using at the moment. New position is determined by receiver every time you change to a different satellite. Box uses your coordinates in conjunction with actual satellite position to determine where dish points.

• So does it know where it is, i move dish to point at say 7w then i set up new box with USALS then ask it to move to 28.2e how does it know which way to move (does it get a signal from 7w to tell it that is where its pointing) if all i input are my co-ordinates.

• First thing to do once you've configured the tuner is issue the GoTo 0 command in the positioner menu, the dish will Goto 0, the receiver will then do the rest when you select a satellite.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

• Official Post

First thing to do once you've configured the tuner is issue the GoTo 0 command in the positioner menu, the dish will Goto 0, the receiver will then do the rest when you select a satellite.

In my experience GoTo 0 command has never been necessary, once i added lat and long position to the tuner settings and loaded a channel list, zapping on a channel was all that was needed..

• In my experience GoTo 0 command has never been necessary, once i added lat and long position to the tuner settings and loaded a channel list, zapping on a channel was all that was needed..

Yeah, you know that and I know that, but I was trying to give the OP peace of mind that his box will know where the dish is pointing if he tells it to GoTo 0.

Sent using sorcery and the magic interwebs

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!