CrossEPG - just will not download on schedule

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,487 times. The last Post () by fiohaa.

• ensure that the time you set for the epg to update is not clashing with any other events you have set up. Post here exactly how you have crossepg set up so we can maybe point out what is wrong. There shouldn't be a major issue getting this to work.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• just a quick heads up also i use vhannibals motor channel lists and cross stopped scanning epg with vhannibals lists for some reason in last few weeks so i need to use catseye list to get the epg and then switch back to vhannibals maybe of some help

Vu Solo2 1.1m dish from 42e-30w

• just a quick heads up also i use vhannibals motor channel lists and cross stopped scanning epg with vhannibals lists for some reason in last few weeks so i need to use catseye list to get the epg and then switch back to vhannibals maybe of some help

Unrelated I would imagine because fiohaa can download the EPG but it is the scheduling that is the issue.

• ensure that the time you set for the epg to update is not clashing with any other events you have set up. Post here exactly how you have crossepg set up so we can maybe point out what is wrong. There shouldn't be a major issue getting this to work.

ensure that the time you set for the epg to update is not clashing with any other events you have set up. Post here exactly how you have crossepg set up so we can maybe point out what is wrong. There shouldn't be a major issue getting this to work.

it is set up exactly the same as in the guide, apart from the location, where it is set to media/hdd, not media/usb as the guide advises.
    This is because if i try and change the epg location it only gives me 2 options, internal flash + hdd. There is no USB option.

(if i go into mount manager i can see the usb stick so the box recognises it at least...)

i checked the cross epg log and it has not even attempted to automatically download according to the schedule at any point. The only record it has is of when i last manually downloaded.
    The scheduled time its set to is 5am. I have nothing else clashing with that time.

if you dont believe me regarding the settings.......:

• The guide is accurate. Try changing the settings back and test again to rule out coincidence. Setting 'Enable CSV Import' (you are not importing a CSV file!) and 'Download on Tune' to no should work and I see no reason why setting them to yes will make any difference. Download on tune set to yes will cause a manual EPG load when you go to an EPG channel (OpenTV provider) manually, but the scheduled updates should still work if it is set to no. On the other hand, enabling automatic refresh - I have found this sometimes helps with issues around EPG not populating after a reboot, but again, this should not effect the scheduling.

but if the way you have it works for you, then leave it how it is:linuxsat5:

• The guide is based on my own setup which i have used for over 2 years flawlessly, i have it working now on 7 receivers with no issues at all.

yeh dont worry it wasnt an accusation, just for whatever reason it did not work for me after 2 different installations. i managed to find the settings that Master G or whatever his name is used, in another thread on here, and they are the ones that worked for me.

but anyway, maybe my box is unique in some weird way.

thanks for everyones input.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!