Picons

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 992 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hi there everyone.
    Can someone show me how to make picons.
    I have been downloading some picons from:baffle: Lyngsat by right clicking on a picon and saving it to my desktop.
    I have then changed the size of each picon to 60x100 pixels. Then I have changed the file to a png file.
    Lastly; I have renamed the picons according to the reference number of the station.
    Sadly; My picons do not appear. I think I am not doing everything right. I am using the software from my
    Linux operating system. (called Krita) to make these changes.
    Can anyone help.
    Many thanks.:confuse:

• What are you trying to use the picons on?
    STB, oscam or DVB PC software?

Do you want to make your own set? If not there are some great sets out there that are regularly updated by their creators..

See this section:
    Picons Download

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Hi there thatfellow.
    Thanks for replying.
    I am trying to get the picoms that are not on my VU+duo with latest VTI image.
    There are about 10-15 that are missing. Most of them are for HD channels.

• Sorry m8, I have no idea about VTI Image but if its anything like the rest, you can download and install any set you like. I use ocram picons, It is very complete.
    What picon set are you using at the moment? And does it update with the image?

Back to your original question, If you know the proper filename, it should be as simple as adding the newly created picon to the picon folder, You will most likely need to restart UI or reboot box.
    One Tip, If/when I create a missing picon from a set, I drag a random picon from that set to my PC and make the changes in photoshop and save it. Then I rename that file to whatever it should be and transfer it back.

That helps keep canvas size / image quality etc in line with that particular set..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!