Upgrade PVR800 HD Tool ~ Using a null modem cable

There are 15 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 14,331 times. The last Post () by jokosat.

• Upgrade PVR800 HD Tool ~ Using a null modem cable

Connecting up

If you are using a PC with a dedicated RS232 serial ports, the port reference will usually be COM1 or COM2 depending on which port you connect to.

If you are using an USB to RS232 serial converter cable with the null modem cable, check that you have the correct COM port selected when you start the process.
    Sometimes you need to reflash the USB/RS232 software on your PC to activate the com port. The software on the USB/RS232 converter usually selects COM3 or COM4. If you have the wrong port setting you will get a “can’t find port” error,
    although, you don’t always get a port error every time you select the wrong port.

Upgrade procedure

Download the file:- "Upgrade_PVR800_HD_Tool.rar"
    Unzip this file & you have a folder with 5 files:-

eromclient.abs, flashburn.ini, sdram.ini,
    LZMA.exe & eromUpgrade.exe & helpfile.txt.

1. Connect up your PC to the Openbox using a null modem serial cable.
    2. Switch the box OFF.
    3. Run EromUpgrade.exe then check the com port setting is correct
    4. Select the latest firmware .abs file.
    5. Select "next" then switch ON the box & follow the instructions to load
    and flash burn the firmware.
    6. If the process does not start, try various time combinations of switching
    the box ON after selecting "next"
    7. Don't switch the power off or disconnect whilst the download & flash is
    taking place.

If you get a memory error it may be because the timing of selecting “next” and switching the box on is out of sync. Try again & be patient.
    Heres the link http://www.mediafire.com/?jxmmz7nycdequzg

• good
    s9 hd pvr receiver opendbox

I'm in trouble a few days ago and no receiver is always ON
    not start
    -error memory says
    aqi somehow by the by jtag for the same or totirial

I am thankful who can help me

cumps
    alvfon

• thanks
    but this port r232
    respond to memory error
    program with Openbox S9 Rs232 Upgrade Tool

nothing will already two hours nothing

was handcuffed by jtag can help or if it is possible to appreciate
    hug

• Appreciate the help master G but I cant seem to open this file. It mentions on another post that when I unzip file, there should be a folder with 5 files. I'm trying to recover a dead ***box flash using serial rs232 null modem cable. I'm a novice at this but I've got to start somewhere.

• Hi I have tried this method as my f5s ***box is stuck on load, i have to use a USB adapter as there is no serial port on my PC. I have downloaded the file, unzipped it, got the 5 files and then checked the port for my USB, run the application and chosen the absfile then gone to press next and it comes up with wrong file. What have i missed please help frustrated aint the word!!

• the loader never comes with the firmware file,you have to get that separately.
    It sounds like you are trying to load the eromclient.abs file instead of the proper firmware file.
    Be aware the F5 uses a different loader that usually doesn't work with usb adapter.
    Beg,borrow,or steal a pc with a real com port.Old pc's are often free or cheaper than the usb adapter costs.

• Hello

I have the same problem with a box x5, and download the file but I can not read, with which program is Habre .

Regards.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!