setup on a diseqc

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,436 times. The last Post () by niall_b73.

• ok so i have purchased a GOLDEN MEDIA DiSEqC 2.0 4 x 1 in town.
    i have my already established dish up and running and have another dish mounted and am looking to set it up just for fun.

i just need clarification on the switch setup.

what i am not overly sure about is:
    do i firstly need a coax from my receiver to the input on the switch called receiver.
    then a coax from my established dish to the input on the switch called lnb 1.
    then a coax from the new dish to the input on the switch called lnb 2.

i no it sounds like a silly question but i just want to be sure
    many thanks,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• right, well i have all that done, i have a fixed dish pointing at 28e for all the norm channels and i have another fixed at 13e.
    i am getting the 28e and it is working fine.
    now.... the 13e is i think getting something, i am getting a very weak signal but i am not sure if i need to download any further channel lists or if i need to do something else.
    (by the way these are the norm 60cm sly dishes that i am using)
    i have been kinda using this: http://linuxsat-support.com/tu…tor-fixed-dish-setup.html to help me but like i said, i am not sure if i need to load anything else on to my reciever.
    i am using blackhole image 178

many thanks,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

• You could try do a manual scan/single satellite and make the satellite 13e and see what you are picking up , then you will know how your dish is lined up , after that you will find all the channels in last scanned got thru them ,personally i dont think you have lined your dish correct as you were doing a rain dance with it if i remember right ,if you have an android phone or pad download enigma signal meter off google play and connect to your wifi and setup to your boxes ip address make sure open webif is on in your plugins your will get live signal readings off your phone/pad and tweak your dish youll see when you hit the best possible signal

Steve

• personally i dont think you have lined your dish correct as you were doing a rain dance with it if i remember right
    Steve

i remember, but i did get the dish moved to another location yesterday and tried to get it lined up this morning before the rain returned and put an end to things.
    i did have my own sat finder connected at the time and altho i was getting a signal i have to say it was very weak.

i just downloaded that app, i like the look of it so will give it a bash if the rain stops (i should have never done the rain dance in the first place)

thanks again,
    niall_b73

( ͡° ʖ ͡°)

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!