Timeshift ViX 3.0

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,712 times. The last Post () by bennyxf1.

• Just to advise I was trying to use the timeshift feature earlier tonight and was getting the not allowed symbol in the corner of the screen.

I was using ViX build 708, after doing a bit of searching it appears there has been a driver issue for this feature to work with the new style duo2 remote.I did a online upgrade to build 713 (had to allow unstable updates for this) which has cured the problem.

:thumbsup:

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• I have the same problem. I've read that the format for the HDD should be Ext, and if its showing as vfat than you need to initialise it as Ext (mine is showing as Vfat). Anyone know how this is done?? Strange though as i am able to record onto HDD? But when i try to activate timeshift "automatically start timeshift after 5 seconds" the message 'the directory /hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, or NFS partition. Make sure you select a valid partition type'

Any ideas??

• I have the same problem. I've read that the format for the HDD should be Ext, and if its showing as vfat than you need to initialise it as Ext (mine is showing as Vfat). Anyone know how this is done?? Strange though as i am able to record onto HDD? But when i try to activate timeshift "automatically start timeshift after 5 seconds" the message 'the directory /hdd/timeshift/ is not a EXT2, EXT3, EXT4, or NFS partition. Make sure you select a valid partition type'

Any ideas??

In the hdd settings there is an option to initialise the HDD and format it to ext3 - back up any recordings first before you do this

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Still a slight problem mate.....how do i change timeshift location? its currently /hdd/timeshift & record settings are 1) default movie location /hdd/movie/ 2) timer record settings / (just forward slash) 3) and instant recording locations / (again just forward slash) i cant seem to edit these?

VU+ DUO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!