update oscam for linux server (32 bit) running oscam/cccam with smargo reader

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 941 times. The last Post () by cassgoat.

• Hi
    Really stumped trying to update oscam for linux server (32 bit) running oscam/cccam with smargo reader.
    I have tried various new binary oscam files. Latest is "oscam-svn8817-x86_64-pc-linux-webif-libusb-ssl-Distribution.tar.gz", dated today.
    My oscam is located in /emu/oscam directory, I rename oscam file to "old oscam", ftp new oscam to this directory using winscp and then using putty, chmod 755 the new file. I then reboot the server and on every occassion I cannot connect to oscam via webif, cccam is still connected to clients but I have always to revert to old version (1.20 unstable version 6059) and I'm up and running again for a couple of hours before this oscam cannot read card. Went in to putty and tried "oscam -b" and only got command not found.
    Really lost as to what to try next.
    Thanks

• Maybe because you are trying to use the x86_64 version - instead, try the i686 version if you are using 32bit rather the 64bit. Unpack the file - rename the oscam binary so it matches that of your existing binary - and you know the rest as you have stated.

If there is a problem with oscam restarting, then back up your existing configs, and try to run with minimal configs, then gradually rebuild the configs. Jumping versions by this amount sometimes requires tweaks in your configs.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Thanks musogeek
    Changed to the i686 file and all going again, will see if I experience any crashes now but many thanks for the pointer.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!