Using the web interface remotely

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,951 times. The last Post () by paulus.

• I have set up the android app to be used remotely via a no-ip account. Whilst it takes a long time to start and can be juttery, this is probably due to my LAN upload speed (~500kbps) being a bit marginal. However, I want to also access the web interface via an ipad (which doesn't have the app) and assumed that this would just work - like it does locally. I have set the browser url to myname.np-ip.biz:80 but that returns "Sorry we could not find . . ." message. How come tha app can use the dyndns route but the browser cannot?

• Openwebif is configured:
    Yes
    no
    yes
    no

Ports 80, 8001 and 8002 are forwarded correctly.

What I don't understand is how the app gets in, but the browser asking for the url of the no-ip address gets "not found". If there were a problem I would expect "access denied" or some such thing.

• Hi,

First check to do is to test if your no-ip returns you the right IP.
    Use a ping or nslookup if you can.

Some browser doesn't like that you add :80 at the end, simply use: http://no-ip....
    Moreover some ISP block access to port 80, so it is better to open-up another random port and have your router make a port redirection between this random port and your internal real port which is TCP 80.

Pr2

• Thanks for helping.

ping definitely is returning the correct ip address. However, the appearance has now changed!! Using either method of addressing (the original and your recommendation) now rather than getting "not found" (which was an ISP message) I get asked for authentication (progress!!) but not for Solo2 but for the router??!!?? Don't understand. Any help?

• Have rebooted router, pinged to confirm address has been updated in no-ip, but still I am directed to the router. I have a TP-Link router and cannot see how I can perform a port redirect. I have changed the http port on openwebif to 8005 and forwarded that port to the Solo2 in the router - but that just gives me "Cannot connect . . ". For some reason, port 80 is grabbed by the router. However, I thought the app would still need to use port 80 and it has no trouble. Any other ideas, or is this now a router issue?

• SORTED!!

Stupid me. The problem was I was going externally from the same network that the Solo2 resides in - and this was confusing the router. Once I came in from a different network it all worked as expected! So thanks for your patience on this.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!