Undecided on next box

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 906 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Now my Alien2 is away I am undecided on what box to get next, Looking at spending £200 max, Want an Internal HDD and Twin tuner If possible also looking for good support, I have been looking at the Venton HD2 or HD1 cant really see much difference in specs, also I can only find 3 images for them, are there any more??

Any other suggestions welcome.

• I would wait and get a solo 2 when you have more cash venton boxes are ok i have the hd3 but you will only get egami vix or opentatv images not sure if more support it yet however vix is my image of choice , £100 more and you can get a lot better and faster box , my advice is to wait and buy a VU+

• You may be able to get hold of a good Vu+Duo or Vu+ Uno for less than £200.

Nano

• My only advice would be to buy it off someone with a track record of successful sales on the site

I take it you mean second hand nano? I know there are a lot of clones about so unsure if I would be buying the real deal

• Yes i was talking about a second hand unit. As for clones i have had good and bad ones in the past although i only have a tendency to go for Dreambox clones rather than any other brand.

If you do go for a second hand off say for instance off eBay, as long as you use Paypal if the box does turn out to be a clone unit you will have some protection even if it is second hand.

If you are willing to take the risk on a clone sometimes it can pay off if you get a good one.

Nano

• Thats a good choice of receiver that a lot of people overlook. I used to own a TM-2T which was also a good box.

Not sure if the recording issues have been fixed on the TM-Twin /T2 as yet, although its still a good solid built box even with its little driver flaws.

No reason why these issues shouldn't be sorted soon though.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!