Openbox Record Manager

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,944 times. The last Post () by hamborambo.

• Just wondering if the Record Manager on the Openbox is capable of playing any other video files other than those simple recorded in DVR format on the box itself? I?ve tried putting on mpeg1, mpeg2, divx mp4 and ts files. I?ve also tried renaming the extension on a TS file from .ts to .dvr but nothing appears to be recognised except media recorded on the openbox.

I have noticed that each recording is placed in a date/time stamped sub folder with the .dvr media files and a dvr.info file. I was just wondering if the dvr.info file has something to do with it and if there is a way of manipulating the dvd.info file to allow the receiver to play other video files?

• As has been said already the openbox will only play the dvr format. In all my time of reading about this box on various forums iv never read about anyone getting something different to work. Maybe in the future this will change, and a better epg ( please )

Boycott shampoo, demand real poo

• It would be nice to be able to play other files on the Openbox. TS files in particular which must be very similar to the DVR format used by the Openbox considering the DVR to TS file conversion is very quick.

Agree though a better EPG has to be a priority. Maybe something like the Sumvision Micro2 would do as a cheap media player for the other room to play recordings off the Dreambox.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!