black screen when zap from channels wide apart

There is 1 reply in this Thread which was already clicked 528 times. The last Post () by musogeek.

• Hi,

I seem to have a problem with the tuners. Both are definitely working but they don't seem to work first time. As an example if I'm on Discovery and then zap to one of the front channels channel5, etc then it won't work and I'll get a black screen. But if I then zap to the next channel, say sly 1, and then straight back to channel 5 then it will work. I think the same problem is happening when it records and so I'm getting a lot of black recordings. If I want it to record properly I need to have prezapped to the channel, confirmed it's working and then it's ok.

Both tuners are setup and working though as far as i can see and I'm sure I sometimes get two things recording at the same time.

weird!! any ideas? It's really bugging the wife as she keeps missing big brother (not a bad thing) he he

thanks in advance :)

• Not sure - rule out a memory issue - What image are you using? in a telnet session - log on to the receiver and type in 'free' to check your ram - if this is very low it can cause issues - and also check to see the flash use etc by typing 'df -h' - have you installed a swap?

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!