Issues win Astra 28.2 scans on vu+ showing 28.4

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,252 times. The last Post () by al2813.

• I have 2 Vu+ boxes at home - a solo2 running vti 5.0 and an older solo box which I have just put back to service after buying a second TV and getting the extra cabling done. On this one I decided to try out the brand new vti 6.0 (great job!).

Already on the solo2 I had the issue that seems to happen to many Enigma 2 box owners. I setup the tuner to Astra 28.2, but scan comes up with some stations showing 28.4 instead. Since the impacted channels were not that many and I did not get them on my favourites either, I never bothered to look into this any further.

Last weekend when setting up the Solo, the scan showed all of the Astra 28.2 channels as 28.4. A real bummer as I had to redo my bouquets and I cannot get the picons to work.

Both boxes have the same settings (I copied then first one's across when setting up the second). After checking in the different forums pointing to the satellite.xml file , I checked mine and indeed, I found there a sat with no name on 28.4, alongside the Astra 28.2 which was fine. I tried to delete the 28.4 sat but when rebooting nothing worked anymore so had to revert to previous file. What I don't understand is:

- why are the two boxes showing the same channels differently while having the same settings?
    - how can I force them to stop showing channels on 28.4 and revert to 28.2?

Thanks for your advices!

• Both have the same Satellites.xml, but there the 28.4e sat has no name:

</sat>
    <sat name="Sat 28.4 E" flags="0" position="284">
    </sat>
    <sat name="26 Astra/Eutelsat 28.2E" flags="0" position="282">
    <transponder frequency="10714000" symbol_rate="22000000" polarization="0" fec_inner="4" inversion="2" modulation="0" system="0"/>.....

When I deleted the line <sat name="Sat 28.4 E" flags="0" position="284"> the box stopped working so had to put it back. The Solo2 box with vti 5.0 scans 95% of the British channels correctly at 28.2e while the Solo1 box with VTI 6.0 scans ALL the British channels at 28.4e....

• This is becoming a real mystery. I downloaded fresh setting from Vhannibal which don't have the 28.4e line and did a new scan. The box still returns all the UK channels on a "UNKNOWN POSITION 28.4E".....
    I am clueless now...

• Found the problem. Forgot to redo the tuner config after loading the new satellites.xml file. Did that and rescanned and all working well. Still new at this so finding my way....Thanks to everybody for the help :red:

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!