which receiver would you recommend for a newbie?

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,223 times. The last Post () by Revenger.

• like the title says it all, im new to the satellite world and receiver things
    i don't know much
    i've register on this forum to learn bout it, so here i am.
    i have already introduced myself in introduction section but they didn't quiet help me there so here i am giving a shot here.
    first of all i am from Mauritius
    theres only 2 paid subscribe tv channels companies here which is canalsat and parabol
    both offer great channels
    but i wanna know if its possible to receive football channels? such as canal+sport, bein sport,***sport etc etc?
    which receiver should i buy? what are the tools needed for this to work? i heard it works with internet?
    i know a lot of you are pros in those stuff please help cuz those paid channels are pretty expensive to pay.
    thanks in advance

step by step... im getting there.

• My first box was a ***box F3, This was only about 3 weeks ago. It great, but i'm already looking at upgrading and putting the F3 in the bedroom, updating the channel list etc was really easy, but it is abit slow, there is only a now and next epg which doesn't always show.
    Im now currently researching my replacement, I think it'll be the VU+SOLO2. Although its 3 times the price, from what i am reading it appears to be 100 times better. It should last along time and should do everything I need. Buy cheap, buy twice.

• thanks for the kind reply mate, do you reckon it will work in Mauritius? do you think i am eligible to receive those channels sport i am looking for,such as canal+sport biensport?

• thanks for the kind reply mate, do you reckon it will work in Mauritius? do you think i am eligible to receive those channels sport i am looking for,such as canal+sport biensport?

I dont even think you will get the satellite where you are , is it possible ? how big is your dish ? They can be shared but dont think you will pickup the satellite

• exactly my point, this is why im worrying. i dont know if i will receive those channels cause of my region.... :(

• Are you looking at using a payserver Revenger or are you looking to get a subscription card?

Nano

• IPTV will be your best route if you get good broadband speeds and usage limits

cheers for the rep mate, the max speed i can get here is 4mega = 400kb downloading speed do you reckon its good enough for the IPTV? and which iptv box should i get?

Revenger.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!