I don't know if my DM800HD PVR is genuine or a clone

There are 20 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 5,674 times. The last Post () by Michel68.

• Hello friends,

I am in a very similar boat except I don't know if my DM800HD PVR is genuine or a clone. I was asked to add bouquets for my father-in-law's friend. He had just bought the box, apparently genuine, but the guy he bought it off didn't know his root password and brushed it off, telling me to just flash it. So I went straight for an official image through the webshell and it died.

I got a NO CA error (it didn't an never has mentioned a second stage bootloader either on the lcd or in any dreamup) and proceeded to use Dreamup.
    I tried a few different versions until one uploaded the flash loader but didn't get any further
    I then read up on some guides about enforcer and DM800 repair
    I have flashed over ethernet and serial but both upload and fail to install

I followed this guide:
    http://linuxsat-support.com/en…lone-fix-no-ca-error.html
    But no webshell is accessable

I have tried this firmware Downloads | dream-multimedia-tv.de
    and this OpenPli-BL84-sim2.10-exp-dm800-2013-06-19-17-48.nfi

And I'm really stuck.
    My only progress has been to get into serial mode and get an IP but no webshell
    I would really appreciate any help guys, thanks in advance

• Official Post

You need to flash the box in serial mode using the null modem cable, from memory this will take about 45 minutes, once done the webinterface will be available again.

• You need to flash the box in serial mode using the null modem cable, from memory this will take about 45 minutes, once done the webinterface will be available again.

Thanks for the help, I've tried using a null modem, it took 77 mins! It uploaded the image and stayed stuck on "waiting for acknowledgement"

• So far I've followed the Optiflasher method, it looked good and I was hopeful but it spat out this:

Power ON DB Device [ESC to Abort]
    DM800HD Detected !
    Dreambox Detected...Ok!
    Sending Flash Loader...
    Second Stage OK!
    Boot Success & Ready For Network Web Interface!
    Error: Socket Error # 10060
    Connection timed out.

Any ideas guys? Is it goosed?

• follow this guide bud

• Same error, I think it's the same method:

DM800HD Detected !
    Dreambox Detected...Ok!
    Sending Flash Loader...
    Second Stage OK!
    Boot Success & Ready For Network Web Interface!
    Error: Socket Error # 10060
    Connection timed out.

After the boot success line, it take about 15-20 seconds then the error pops up
    Could this mean it's not a clone?

further thought... the designated IP is 192.168.1.77
    My DHCP server only has leases for 192.168.0.x
    I managed to get the webshell earlier when the IP was 192.168.0.14 using dreamup(patched)
    That's when I tried an official image and got:
    crc check skipped INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)
    Which made me think its clone

• Mate if your still stuck try this..download this patched version of http://linuxsat-support.com/dr…ersion-forhike-natas.html

Then download open pli http://linuxsat-support.com/dm…ge%3Dopen-pli-2-01-a.html

Connect box to pc/laptop via null modem cable only and make sure network is unticked...so com1 or whatever serial port you are using//then click connect/then switch on dreambox..if all goes well it should say dm800 detected and the flash button on the right should be there for you to click...

1:Click flash button and select 84b bootlader included and it should flash it in a few seconds..
    2:when bootloader is done click flash again and then select the actual image..this will probably take around an hour so get some lunch...
    3: when image is finally flashed for good measure click flash again and write the same bootloader again...when done click disconnect...unplug power from dreambox...wait 30 seconds then apply power..
    4:eat lunch and hopefully watch some tele.....

I think your bootloader is probably corrupted which is not allowing your image to go on so follow my steps above...

MAKE SURE if its a laptop it does not go into sleep/standby while flashing as you could really blow the boxes brains out..also make the null modem lead is secure and no chance of being tripped over..

Cheers

Good Luck!!!

MK

• Flashed the bootloader! That's the first success I've had, just flashing the modded image now *fingers crossed*

• Bad news fellas:

19:32:40 box type: DM800
    19:33:59 Calculating checksum...
    waiting for OK from box to beginn upload...
    19:34:00 Uploading file to box...19:34:15 box is flashing from its memory...
    19:34:15 OK, flash-copy succeeded
    19:36:15 Calculating checksum...
    waiting for OK from box to beginn upload...
    19:36:16 Uploading file to box...20:52:02 box is flashing from its memory...
    20:52:05 Flashing failed (!!! 010 INVALID IMAGE (OR OLD VERSION)), box will be unusable now!!

It all seemed like it was going so well; Should I try the same method with an image for a genuine box and if so, is there an image you could recommend?

• That's bloody it guys! I flashed the OpenPLi image through the webshell after flashing the bootloader offered by Mee®kat using a patched version of Dreamup.
    I didn't realise that flashing an official firmware on a clone would corrupt the bootloader.
    I owe you guys! I'm friggin' made-up =D

• That's bloody it guys! I flashed the OpenPLi image through the webshell after flashing the bootloader offered by Mee®kat using a patched version of Dreamup.
    I didn't realise that flashing an official firmware on a clone would corrupt the bootloader.
    I owe you guys! I'm friggin' made-up =D

Glad you sorted it m8
    Happy times enjoy fella

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!