is a motorized dish worth the hasslel now there is no football on it now

There are 21 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 3,013 times. The last Post () by youngie.

• is a motorized dish worth the hassle now there is no football on it now.... i have been on the motor for 6 days now lol.. with no luck... i found thor 0.8w and was told the rest will fall into place no luck there then... i have 90cm dish with a f5 box i also have a vu solo... witch i have had for 8 weeks now and still can not set it up... i do have ts media thou witch is really good so i left it there..i am paying someone £50 to allign the dish for me tomorrow.. is it worth doing or not kind regards youngie

• Not really I think you should just sell your dish, solo and f5 to me for £50 lol

On a serious note, stick with it once you have all your dish setup and working you should be able to find some football to watch, think all the 3pm kick-off are on aljazeera.

• I have tried so hard I am lost of ideals now.... So the motor dish is worth staying with when all set up correctly. £50 does seem fair to me if worth doing just need lining up right... I woul love for someone to help me with my vu solo.. As it looks a great box.. Cheers all lee

• click on Liveonsat

then click the England flag to see what is available. No chance of getting JSC Sports in the UK unless you have a massive dish as the channels on that package that show the 3pm's are not on hotbird - but there are still some out there on other providers - 0.8w and 4.8w, as well as 16e are good satellites to look at.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Not really I think you should just sell your dish, solo and f5 to me for £50 lol

On a serious note, stick with it once you have all your dish setup and working you should be able to find some football to watch, think all the 3pm kick-off are on aljazeera.

i think aljazeera have moved sats is there anymore than that cheers lee

• Thats complete nonsense for someone to suggest to you that if you find thor then the rest will fall into place..thor is the correct satellite to peak your dish on tho that is correct but you can get away with alignment on 19 east with a bit of fiddling in the uk if thor is not possible due to (los)..i install and re-align motorised dishes all the time and there is many reasons why motorised dishes dont work when i arrive at the premises to diagnose a fault...i wont go into them all as you have someone calling tomorrow to sort your dish but here is a few reasons why people with a similar fault to yours struggle with other satellites..

Thor sat ok...why dont others work

Fixed bracketry...all wrong..fixed brackets are for basically for fixed satellites..t+k brackets must be installed because you cant adjust your pole with fixed brackets to have it bang on straight..it has to be straight for best performance from your dish as the other satellites are on an arc..

LOS(line of sight) just because some people can receive thor does not mean you will receive other satellites as they could be blocked by trees or buildings etc(i use ar dishpointer pro on my iphone) to see what sats are clear from exact mounting point.

Elevation/latitude settings on the actual motor all wrong...these must be adjusted correctly for your location..

Usals turned on with poorly aligned dish/bracketry/lnb scew and or wrong longitute and latitude entered on the receiver

There are more reasons let me tell you but i,m sure your engineer will sort things out for you tomorrow:)

I dont watch much EPL football but if i did i would not miss much for the next month anyway as i have just checked on liveonsat..a lot of these matches are on various packages across europe tho ranging from poland to spain..

Good luck

MK

• Thank youl lee

• ok all he has fitted it for me.... but not ulas i have to move it on the motor setting witch is really hard for me... i have got uk 28 and hotbird but i am struggling now to get the reset in where should i start from and what position do i store them at cheers lee

• You say you have a VU+ solo. The first thing to do is Download a Complete Settings list. The best one is the Catseye E2 settings list 75e to 45 w. you can download it here. Or better still you can download it from your image. Then you will have all the satellites already on to your box. What Image are you using.

• You can use a backup image but you will still have to mess with settings and store sats..

You need to make sure your tuner is setup first mate...motorised...you will need a channel list as mentioned..i use vhannibles settings but catseyes settings are good so its your choice which lists you use..

Then you will need to save each satellite in tuner setup..once you have picked your satellite ie 19.2 scroll down..diseqc 1.2 then at the bottom you should see (use usals)...select no then save that sat as say 001..go back to the top and select another sat and do the same for all others that you think you can receive and save as 002/003 and so on..when all sats are saved and when you select a channel on a foreign sat it will probably not find it..so you will need to go into posistioner setup and move the dish east or west via your remote control untill you get a lock..then store it ...green button...you will have to do this with all your satellites even if it finds them to ensure they are set..and because you are not using usals you will probably have to go back in now and again to tweak your sats.

Good luck

MK

• ok everyone had little progress today got these sat working all good uk 28 astra 1c 1e 1f eutel 16a hotbird 1234 eutel 10a eutel 36a eutel 7a astra 4.8e.... thats where i am stuck now i have been trying to get thor 0.8w and astra 23 with no luck atoll where am i going wrong.. my missis want let me have my vu solo box back because she loves the i channel movies and thats it ... is there any good transpoders to try on thor and astra 23... cheers all lee with all your help i am getting somewhere... these are the sats i have left to install eutel9a astra 23 badr 26e hellas sat hipsat eutel 12 nilsat 101/102 ati bird thor 0.8w eutel 3a 3c... are all the sats worth doing or not if so witch one should i deleat cheers lee

• There's a thread on the site which gives the strongest and weakest transponders for satellites from 46East to 34.5 West. I've looked, but I can't find it.

For Thor at 0.8W try BBC World News on 11861 H 28000. Is Thor in a clear line of sight from your dish?. Despite earlier comments I believe it is essential to get Thor at maximum and then to try satellites at the extreme of what you can receive - ie 30 West and 42East. This is to ensure that your dish is following the arc. There are instructions on positioning dishes on the site. You may need to get to your dish or at least the pole to tweak it to get maximum reception, but try from satfinder first. For 23East try TVOost on 11914 H 27500. Don't bother trying for Nilesat if you are in the UK - you need a massive dish -ie not less than 1.8 metres or a lot of good luck!!!!

• ok mate i found the best transponders for the 23 e and thor witch you were correct... but no luck what so ever... i paid £55 for someone to line it up problea for me well looks like i have fell for another scam... if i leave the dish how he has set it. and just ajust the pole to straight it up.. or will i be wasting my time again... i have great view for all sats mate.. i have had thor on it when i did it... if i did straighten up the pole will that knock out my true south or will i be ok cheers lee

• Youngie you have a 90 cm dish so stick to 13/16/19.2/28.2/23.5/1 west...forget the rest mate with a 90 cm dish and forget catseyes list tbh...use vhannibles settings....most people including myself use bbc world news on thor (0.8) west to get thor as its a strong signal and also ftv... Tip...use goto 0...this will take your dish to 0 degrees...first select bbc world news and wait for your dish to get there...if it does not receive the channel use go to 0...then as said make sure a transponder is there and if not select another channel on 1west but bbc world news should be fine///go to 0 is very close to 1 west (thor) ///then go into posistioner setup and select what satellite you have saved thor on and FINE TUNE west until thor locks and peak iN..then store...then you select and save other sats selecting where you have stored your sats......ie 001/thor //28.2 002 //13 e 003 and so on//use posistioner after this and save each sat........

If you paid some dude 55 notes then what exactly did he do mate...get him back out if you feel there is a problem.....i assume you have fixed brackets? dont worry about this too much mate as you are only targetting a few satellites on a short scope with your 90 cm dish...your engineer was mostly there to check los/motor setup and dish/scew alignment..if he aint done that then ask for a callback...

downside it is essential to peak the dish on thor but he aint gonna get 42 east to 30 west on his dish in the uk mate so this is a basic setup!!!!

Interesting too youngie...you persist in referring towards me as lee? which i clocked in your first reply here!!!! dont you mean Mr Lee? take it we know one another from old....Manny!!!

:) hello mate

MK

• ok thank you mate i have had thor before and 23e but nothing else noe i have loads more but no thor or 23e... i am going to see if my pole is straight outside because there is alot of football on them sats.. cheers lee

• loaads of free football on across the arc..........audio maybe foreign,,,,,but what the hell ,,,,,,football is football,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,motorised setup in my opinion is well worth it.......
    heres a few for the next few days....
    saturday 24
    12.15 ko
    Bolton V QPR
    Sportdigital 19.2e Austriasat keys
    **** Sport bg 39e Buls*t keys
    GSP TV fta 16e

12.45 ko

Fulham v Arsenal
    Diema 39e Buls*t keys

3pm ko

Everton V WBA

Ipswich V leeds
    Sportdigital 19.2e English comms Austriasat keys
    GSP TV fta 16e

5.30pm ko

Aston Villa V Liverpool

Sun Aug 25

1.15pm ko
    Watford - Nottingham Forest
    GSP TV fta 16e

4pm ko

Cardiff V Man city

Spurs v Swansea
    Diema 39e Buls*t keys

Mon Aug 27

8pm ko

Manchester United V Chelsea
    **** TV 39e Buls*t keys

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!