$LY UK glitching

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,072 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• Hi all,

I have a setup where a RPi is running Raspbian / Oscam with 2x Omnicard readers (1 running $ly HD and the other Asian channels). It has been rock solid since Christmas when I set it up. Originally it was serving just my house but I have added a few mates and family and now there are 14 users. Lately I have been noticing glitching on HD channels but ECM's remain between .1-.2. I thought that maybe the RPi was not up to the task being somewhat limited in the horsepower department so I tried running the cards in my Solo2. This has a 1.3ghz cpu so would rule out any cpu limitations of the RPi but it's doing the same - glitching on HD channels. Maybe not as bad but still there. Now I am thinking maybe the card is being overworked but wouldn't that show on ECM times? This is all on the internal network so it rules out my internet connection.

Might it still be a cpu limitation on the Solo2, card overloaded? or is the issue likely somewhere else? Any pointers at what to look for?

• Its more than likely something to do with what 5ky are doing at this moment in time. If its been fine upto now it stands to reason the only thing that has changed is how the ecms are being read and used by the card.

• Hi, I was thinking the same. I am going to disconnect all other users for the match today and see if I get glitch in with just the boxes in my house.

• Just to update the thread - i had 2 oscam builds loaded on my solo2 - one build 5953 and the other build 8845. Before the match started I loaded the earlier build and what do you know? No glitching at all locally for the whole 90 minutes. I'm going to run this build for the next few days and if I don't get any glitching then will try 8845 again just to see if glitching comes back with that build. Only downside is that I am running on my Solo2 so I can't tinker with images etc as I like doing (the main reason why I moved to a RPi solution).

• The high ecm times started last year you are correct although i,m not entirely sure what is causing this!!

I am however sceptical that this is affecting everyone..whether they are hitting batches of cards or not seems to be unknown but it appears that the cards that are affected are cards that are serving live sports at that particular time!!!

As a test it would be interesting to know which rom revisions are written to the cards that are encountering this problem which can be checked in entitlements.

Most cards will be on the latest revision either due to recent subscriptions or due to poor entitlement updating either via cccam/oscam with all emms open or updating in official stbs.

Could also be a case of wrong emm cache selected in oscam with bad and overwritten emms to your card which could cause issues or a poorly configured ecm whitelist?

As said by the op try other versions of oscam and even older versions like mentioned...oscam 6089 is the last known stable version...always worth a shot.

MK

• master G

Set the Label from UK OSCam to Videoguard2 Cards OSCam

OSCam Support Forum

Configs, discussion, downloads and guides for OSCam Softcam.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!