Debian server setup Help

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,099 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• Hi guys
    I am currently running a dm800 as a server and client. I want to start a debian server with an old pc i found in my loft. I still want my dm800 running as a server though. Do i need a create a new hostname with dyndns for the debian server or can I use the same one. Also do I need an infinity usb pheonix programmer? I do have a spare from frol the old cable days lol

• Official Post

You can still use the same hostname for all devices on your own network as long as it has a differant ip address and port on your router.
    You can also setup a new hostname for the new device if you wish.
    If you are intending to use a card on your debian then a card reader will be needed.

• The usb pheonix reader as far as i know it will work fine! Im sure it needs to be set to Pheonix/smartmouse mode in a windows pc 1st tho and then set the clock speed in cccam.cfg for the desired card!

• same hostname can be used as mentioned before but ensure you run debian on different ports within cccam . the phoenix will run great in cccam on the debian but dont forget in the cccam.cfg instead of SERIAL READER : /dev/sci...... you would need something like SERIAL READER : /dev/ttyUSB0 .

The ttyUSB0 corresponds to usb port/position 0 in your debian setup depending on what other usb devices are connected.

An easy way to find which port the reader is assigned to is to issue this command in root "lsusb" This will then tell you all you need and amend accordingly.

regards

t

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!