unable to flash gigablue ue

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,702 times. The last Post () by nano.

• I have downloaded the latest vix image for the receiver
    Extracted the files.
    Copied the gigablue folder over usb pen drive formatted as fat 32. (gigablue/ue/8files)
    Turned the receiver of.
    Inserted the usb stick.
    Restarted the box.

It boots straight back into vix. The reason I want to re-install is here: http://linuxsat-support.com/en…-install-plugins-vix.html
    I have also done a factory restore on the image but the problem is still there.

I have tried now several usb keys which all work on the gigablue quad.
    Also have used hp format tool to format the usb sticks to fat32

Is there any other way around this, like copying the file to my external hard drive which is set for epg and recordings, which vix can see.

Or has anyone got a backup for the above receiver that I could install through vix.

Any help or info greatly appreciated.

• You can use the image manager to flash or restore a image without the need for a USB stick. Also if you still cant get access to the feeds and are seeing the wget error its likely your receiver and router have been infected by a Linux specific virus.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Success at last.
    Here is what I did, Formatted memory stick using CMD in windows,
    Put the Gigablue folder on Memory stick.
    Switched The receiver off, unplugged it and inserted memory stick.
    I left it unplugged for 10 mins or so, switched it back on.
    And got the prompt to flash the receiver.

I would like to thank all who read and responded with post's regarding this thread.

Thanks again everyone. beer10

• Glad you got it sorted mate. You will find the Gigablue not a bad little receiver. I think mine are great and would recommend them to anybody.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!