Netgear WN3000RP Universal WiFi Range Extender?

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 754 times. The last Post () by lammy1961.

• I have just acquired a Netgear WN3000RP Universal Wi-Fi Range Extender to extend my WI-FI to the rear of the house (no signal) I'm using a Belkin F5D7633 Router obviously set up with a static IP address using a DynDNS account.....The thing is I cant for the life of me get the Wi-Fi Range Extender to connect to the router, I have tried setting the Wireless Bridge option in the router and assigning the Wi-Fi Range Extender a static IP....It sees the extender but will not connect......I have successfully connected it to my sons router (he has a dynamic IP setup) but I have failed miserably to connect to my static IP.
    I hope there's a Network expert who can advise me on this matter.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• From memory (because it wasn't the most reliable solution so I don't use it at the minute) the WiFi extender I have simply picks up the WiFi signal from the router and, well, extends it - so I connect the WiFi extender to my PC and tap in the WiFi SSID and password. It shouldn't be too hard - might be best to reset the Extender to default, read the manual and start again!

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Big thanks to you all....It was just a case of...

this has wps so it should be a push of a button

Cheers for that.

stevejo....Those instructions you uploaded went into more detail than the ones I had.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!