Best motor for 1.2m dish

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,166 times. The last Post () by Octus59.

• I am currently running a motorised 97cm dish with a technomate 2600 motor however I am looking to upgrade to a 1.2m dish so here is my question....

Will the TM2600 cope with the weight of a 1.2m dish or would it be advisable to upgrade my motor (I was looking at the HH120 Stab motor)

Obviously the arm of the TM2600 points downwards and over time would the dish bracket slip if I use a heavier dish??

Any advice would be appreciated

Thanks in advance

• Hello buddy, I have used a 1.1m triax dish on a tm 2600 with no probs at all, I did change to a Supreme Intelligent dark motor and had nothing but trouble with it, it certainly did not like a heavy dish attached to it, went straight back to the tm 2600 and it has never gave one bit of bother. I don't think a 1.2m dish will give the tm motor any problems, try it first before you decide to change, no point in buying something you don't need, you already have one of the best dish motor's about...

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hi, eine schwere Schüssel ist nicht gut für den Motor, später hat der Motor Spiel. Kaufe einen leichten guten Spiegel(z.B. Laminas 120 cm ist top, wiegt 7 Kg) dann sehr guter Empfang und immer viel Freude!
    Regards Octus59

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!