AutoBouquetsMaker on Vix3 - timing it to run problem

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 984 times. The last Post () by rizzoface.

• Hi,
    I initially configured my autobouquetsmaker to run every night 30 mins before my nightly crossepg run.
    I wanted to change the autobouquetsmaker to a weekly run instead, so i changed the configuration.

problem is, it continues to run every night ! has anyone any ideas why it continues to do this and not do the new weekly scan instead ?

• I prefer daily updates because it is so quick and things change very often - try the following;
    Disable updates altogethor - then reboot the receiver - then change to weekly, then reboot again.

Not sure it will work, but this is probably what I would try at first before looking at messing with config files etc.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• I prefer daily updates because it is so quick and things change very often - try the following;
    Disable updates altogethor - then reboot the receiver - then change to weekly, then reboot again.

Not sure it will work, but this is probably what I would try at first before looking at messing with config files etc.

Hi Musogeek,
    no, this did not work unfortunately.
    i disabled updates altogether
    rebooted.
    changed it then to run weekly, time of 7.30pm.
    rebooted

it has now ran 2 nights consecutively.

it seems to have the old daily run stored in config somewhere else I'm not sure of

• if you look in /etc/enigma2/settings - towards the bottom there are some autobouquetsmaker entries - according to some information I found, you should have a line in there that says

Code
    config.autobouquetsmaker.repeattype=weekly

without this, it defaults to daily updates.
    If the entry is not there;
    In telnet, log on to your receiver and do

Code
    init 4

then edit or add this line to above (config.autobouquetsmaker.repeattype=weekly) in /etc/enigma2/settings - it should go under the line that reads 'config.autobouquetsmaker.scheduletime='
    then save the file, and then in telnet

Code
    init 3

I just tried this and this now shows as weekly in my autobouquetsmaker configs

If this doesn't work then you probably need to wait for an answer from a member of the ViX team.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!