Motorised Mesh Dish Setup??

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,085 times. The last Post () by THE FUGITIVE.

• Official Post

Advise would be greatly appreciated, I currently have a 1.1 meter motorised setup but i have had to remove it due to the high winds where i live.:too_sad:
    Basically it looks out over an old air port and the wind really gusts and blows it out of alignment. So can only watch on calm days.
    It is also so large that on full pan to the east i have got my lnb hanging over a public footpath..... so the plan is to downsize.
    How do the mesh type dish's perform?
    What is an acceptable size mesh dish to recieve the 3pm footie on in the london area.

Thanks

• Official Post

No i wish i could but i live end of terrace. Its right on a corner and is the only place i could put it to get a full arc. Pissed the neighbours off already.....their faces when it went up.... priceless.:waaaht:

• No i wish i could but i live end of terrace. Its right on a corner and is the only place i could put it to get a full arc. Pissed the neighbours off already.....their faces when it went up.... priceless.:waaaht:

You must actually have good neighbours tho because certain councils and probably most have the right to remove dishes larger than 90 cm if they are in full public view or visible from the front of the building...i take it there is no communial chimney? anyway if you got away with a 1.1 where it is then an 80 or 90 cm wont do any harm hehe... and a 90cm will pick up almost all the sats you got on your 1.1 if setup correctly.Model of lnb is also very important especially if you are downsizing

MK

• did you have your dish fixed on T & K brackets???

i also have a 1.1 with T & Ks & a scaffold pipe 4ft apart, & i used thin rubber glued onto the bracket that fix to the house, fixed down with 2.5" coach-bolts :trbtjrjq:

its never moved out alignment yet!!! & it gets pretty windy here up north m8??

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• Official Post

did you have your dish fixed on T & K brackets???

i also have a 1.1 with T & Ks & a scaffold pipe 4ft apart, & i used thin rubber glued onto the bracket that fix to the house, fixed down with 2.5" coach-bolts :trbtjrjq:

its never moved out alignment yet!!! & it gets pretty windy here up north m8??

I ended up using two 25" K brackets and a 6ft scaffold tube thats solid and very heavy. I knew it would be windy.....The mounts themselves are not moving it is the dish flexing in the wind and when it calms down it returns back to where it should be. Problem is once it really gets gusting and flexing you can see the lnb moving about half an inch back and forth. I guess this is the free play in the motor that looks really bad at the lnb as its right at the end......Once you get it moving that you can forget about watching anything....Its an all new setup with a digital led metal gear motor.
    Im going to shorten the 25" brackets as they dont need to be so long and try a 80cm mesh dish.
    Can anyone recommend a good 80cm mesh dish and universal LNB ? Seen some on flea bay for 35 quid.

Also nearly new 1.1m dish up for grabs if anyone is interested.....

Thanks Jensen

• wineguard produced a excellant prime focus mesh dish in a variety of sizes some years ago i had a 90cm but they did larger but dont think they produce them now but its worth checking

Helping others is always a better feeling than helping yourself

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!