How do i stream a different channel than what is on TV?

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,178 times. The last Post () by championc.

• I am wanting to stream and change channels upstairs on the PC whilst the downstairs TV remains untouched and free to change channels

I have bought a loop through cable and put it from my main feed tuner into Tuner 1 then set the menu to Tuner 1 Looped Though

However now i cant stream any channels unless i change the channel in OpenWebIf which then changes the channel downstairs

any advice would be greatly appreciated

• Spark is limited on streaming function...at least that's what I've found it. It allows only one channel on TV and PC. I'm running champions Hyperion 2 and does allow for 2 separate channel viewings. Easy as pie as just get into webif and click the TV icon. Or right click and copy address to VLC.

Not sure why you need loop through unless you're sending to another receiver box. Newbie too so don't really have full understanding of loop cables but that's what I thought it is for.

• As Ghostivv says, streaming is the way to go.

First step - make sure you have two links from your dish to the box.

With decent wireless, you can go anywhere (certainly with SD). Use Powerline Plugs to bring an Ethernet cable anywhere and you'll have no issues streaming HD too.

Get an Android TV stick (like an MK809 or Equiso), install Dreamdroid and VLC, and stream straight to a TV.

Spark STI 7162 Support

Support for Amiko Alien 2, Delta, Dynavision 7162, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 2, Galaxy Innovations Avatar 3, Golden Media Spark Triplex, Golden Media Spark One, Icecrypt S3700 CHD, SAB Unix Triple HD, Samsat Linux 2, Satcom 7162, Sogno Spark Triple, Startrack SRT 2020 HD Plus, Superbox Z500, Truman TOP-BOX, Truman TopBox 2 Tuner, Visionnet Falcon, Spark STI 7162 Receivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!