Not sure if this right

There are 22 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,638 times. The last Post () by anniman.

• Hello Chaps
    ok I want to give my sis a box I've put this C line into the box
    C: myname.dyndns-web.com 10000 Box2 dreamer
    it works in my house fine with the dyns addy and also if I change it to make it an internal share without the dyns addy just ip of box it also works well
    but when I take it to hers it doesn't just get blank screen with info bar telling me what's on
    just wandering if I've missed summit

Cheers Guys

• here is ccam
    just looking for oscam a bit weird

her we go

is that in oscam.con

and why should I change please

Ignore for now m8, we will try sort this first..

If the box works in your house but not in your sisters, This has to be a one of two issues
    Port forwarding or DHCP settings on the DM500 (when its moved to your sisters house)

Have you forwarded your cccam port 12000 to the IP Address of your Server (Solo2) in the router configuration page (Usually 192.168.1.1)
    if so, then the problem can only be the Network settings on the box while connected to your sisters router...

I know the DM500 can be glitchy with DHCP when moved from one network to another so I would advise you turn off DHCP in your DM500 and add the info manually, then reboot the box and do a network Test..

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• I think everything has been covered here..what i would do next if your still having bother is delete the 12000 port/reboot router/add port again in router to internal ip address of solo2 (static/No_dhcp) then reboot router again,,, certain routers require reboots when you mess with external ports.

Also not sure what image you are using on the dm500 but if you get network ok in menu and able to download addons etc then that should be fine...tell your sister to reboot everything at her end also/router/box and then restart cam on dm500 again if still not working

• Hello again
    ok I've done what you have suggested but still no joy
    Question in my 500 do I have to put the server IP of the solo2 into the server listen port in Ccam of the 500 or do I just need the C: line entered coz if this is the case then im stumped

• As explained before m8, you need to put the ip address of your server (solo2) in the cline in the client (DM500)..
    You wont be interested in the cccam port on the DM500 because it is a client only setup..

To put it simply, you will have an F:line in your server (solo2) & a C:line in the client (DM500)
    See master g's example in post #10

Also m8, rather than running back & forth to your sisters house, use the dns in the cline instead of the ip when your testing in your own house just to confirm that your ports are forwarded correctly etc...

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

that's exactly what I have man

What is exactly what you have?

The cline in your dm500, have you got
    C: your.dns.com 12000 user pass
    or
    C: 192.168.1.*** 12000 user pass

If you have the first one and it is working in your house then the problem lies in the network settings while connected to your sisters network.. I explained that I had a similar problem before & sorted it by manually adding network settings as mentioned in post #13.
    You said that you tried all that but "no joy"

If so, what address's did you use for gateway, subnet mask etc. etc..
    What did you pass/fail on the network test?

You are going to have to be a lot more specific with what you tried and results because I am now 100% certain that you are missing some of the advise that has been given to you..
    If you read over this thread and try all suggestions, rebooting box after each major change, you will find that the solution is already here..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!