2x Omnikey switching and crashing

There are 10 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,032 times. The last Post () by thatfellow.

• Hiya guys i have 2 x Omnikey readers on oscam.

When i reboot pc it sometimes switches reader and reads sct card where it should read sly uk and sly uk where it should read sct.

Sometimes won't read the cards at all. I have to remove usb switch it around and then eventually it reads in right order.

My oscam.server config is as follows:

[reader]
    label = ***uk
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 1
    caid = 0963
    detect = cd
    mhz = 357
    cardmhz = 357
    ident = 0963:000000
    group = 1
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1

[reader]
    label = sct
    protocol = pcsc
    device = 0
    caid = 0500
    detect = cd
    mhz = 357
    cardmhz = 357
    ident = 0500:043800
    group = 2
    emmcache = 1,3,2
    blockemm-unknown = 1
    blockemm-g = 1

Anyway to resolve this issue?

Many Thanks

• Smurf786 m8, You are a member here for 1 1/2 years..

Please Read the rules here
    Forum Rules

Then make an Introduction here as required by Rule <1> above
    Introductions

Have you installed pcsc drivers & tools?

apt-get install libssl-dev libpcsclite1 libpcsclite-dev
    apt-get install pcscd pcsc-tools

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Sorry mate i have been a member that long i didn't even realise i didn't make an intro. My bad. Will make it now.
    I have installed pcsc drivers and tools and it's all working but can see my entitlements for sly uk on sct reader and vice versa sometimes when rebooted.
    The channel does not open up so i swap the usb and then it reads and opens up like it should. Just annoying having to keep switching usb till it works.

Many Thanks

• To be honest m8 I have never heard of this with omnikeys, I remember having this issue with smargo's..
    Does this mainly happen after you connect a new usb device? That how it used to happened with the smargo's.
    I have 3x Omnikey's installed and never had this problem.. What OS are you using?

All your problems have been solved countless times before so try the search box before you post!!
    Please do not Request help by PM, use the main forum so Everyone can benefit from the answers.

• Try deleting your readers and swapping your device order around...ie first reader slyuk device 0 group1/ 2nd reader sct device 1 group2

I would also block shared on your slycard but that is not your issue here.

MK

Try switching to unbutu13.04 server edition as i did.
    and did not install the omnikey stuff it worked perfect
    for the last six weeks, no more switching on reboot ect..

I have just realised this is the same problem that you had anne12 with 12.04 x64, I thought in your situation that the omnikey was just not recognised, I did not know they were switching around..
    I think you got around it by not configuring the omnikey using the old tuts, but you still installed the drvers & tools through the oscam auto-install, right?
    As far as I am aware, they are still needed.

• hi thatfellow, what i done was a fresh install of ubuntu 13.04 server 64bit
    used your tuts to the point of install-ing os/ccam ect
    used my old configs, did not setup omnikey's in any way
    and low and behold no problem with switching ect..
    every thing has been ok for over 6 weeks now...
    Also note on version 12.04 64 bit one omnikey used to work ok
    (with out any #this del that ect. bull)
    but the minute you plug in the 2ND you were f......d

• Hi there are several issues..

problem of pcsc not rebooting automatically at pc reboot , is somehow related to that ccid driver, i never installed in on mine

just use the following

apt-get install libpcsclite1 libpcsclite-dev pcscd pcsc-tools

then reboot machine, after reboot check on which order the devices were rebooted automatically and just change on oscam config the device order for the correct card inserted, then just to make shure again reboot machine and cards should allwasy come up on the same order.

Now there is another very strange issue which i think its related to oscam itself

cards running ok for several days, and then all suddently the card goes OFF on oscam, and when i make pcsc_scan it shows that the card status unavailable and card ATR does not show up.

when this happens i have 2 solutions (1 reboot machine completelly, 2 disconnect USB reader and plug it back again on USB port)

i have analized the following, when the card starts replying too many NOT FOUND , because channel is not subscribed on that card if it goes too high on the ECM not ok number, the OSCAM somehow switches off the card and reader from USB device ?????????

how can this happen?

i am running 14 readers on same machine using all 14 omnikey readers.. and sometimes this happens, then what happens is is switches off card and reader, and then starts hammering the other cards with other channels not found when the nunmber gets high it switches off the cards also, untill i endup with all card readers switched off..

has anyone else experienced this problem? is there a way to fix this, how to avoid from oscam switching off card in oscam and Disabling pcsc driver for card?

• tester10

Please Read the rules here
    Forum Rules

Then make an Introduction here as required by Rule <1> above
    Introductions

14 cards?? What kind of hobby setup requires 14 cards? Please explain..

Now there is another very strange issue which i think its related to oscam itself

cards running ok for several days, and then all suddently the card goes OFF on oscam, and when i make pcsc_scan it shows that the card status unavailable and card ATR does not show up.

when this happens i have 2 solutions (1 reboot machine completelly, 2 disconnect USB reader and plug it back again on USB port)

I have not come across this issue but I have never used more than 3 cardreaders.

Two ways to possibly get around this..
    1.. Schedule Reboot every morning.
    or
    2.. Setup 4 instances of oscam, each instance with 3-4x omnikeys connecteded, then connect all 14 cards by newcamd/camd35 to a 5th instance of oscam for all peers/users..

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!