which firmware can i use

There are 7 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,206 times. The last Post () by lutz diagram.

• As far as i know if you install firmware written for another box it will scrap the receiver. If you can't find software written specifically for the receiver then leave it well alone.

Nano

• Just wondering what firmware i can install onto my openbox s12, for example can i install s16 firmware or even ***box f3 f5 firmware, just curious cause the operating systems seem to be pretty much the same.

You can use this firmware:

***box/Openbox/Solomend S9/S10/S11/S12 Firmware 18/06/12

1. Before upgrade, do a Factory Reset:

* Go to TOOLS menu and click on Factory Settings
    * Click Yes to continue. The receiver will go to factory default and restart.

2. Upgrade Firmware:

* Click on MENU and go to TOOLS menu again
    * Scroll down to "Upgrade by USB"
    * Click on START
    * After the loading is completed, Accept the upgrade.
    * The receiver will restart.

3. After upgrade, do another Factory Reset:

* Go to TOOLS menu and click on Factory Settings
    * Click Yes to continue. The receiver will go to factory default and restart.

C2DS2_CMT_120620044F.abs

• Just wondering what firmware i can install onto my openbox s12, for example can i install s16 firmware or even ***box f3 f5 firmware, just curious cause the operating systems seem to be pretty much the same.

the processor and hardware have to be almost identical,then you have protection ic's that usually prevent that.

• thanks for the response folks, i think with all the differences of opinions i'll leave my openbox the way it is as it is working fine, i'll just keep using the proper images that come out, if there will be any more, Thanks agin

• in a rush to try something new last year I loaded the anonymousx firmware from august 2012 and killed my genuine receiver.
    And newer isn't always better.Factory wise you will never see any new firmware released for the s12.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!