dm800 rebooting loop

There are 6 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 2,541 times. The last Post () by nano.

• I have a Dm800HD PVr that is on a loop of rebooting

it loads till dream multi media booting and the bar and then reboots

tried the below images:
    sim201e-76-gp5.00-OE1.6-dm800-20100429
    sim201-SSL76c-de-133dv3PHOENIX-dm800-20092010

it has Sim201

anyone ?

• I would try sending a new image to it using a null modem cable and Dreamup. If its going into a continual bootloop then i would say either the firmware or bootloader is corrupt. Instructions can be found using the url below.

Code
    http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/en/dm800-flashing-dreamup

Make sure you use an older version of Dreamup. You can find Dreamup on the IHAD forum.

Nano

• Looks like you are going to have to jtag it then mate if both things haven't worked.

If jtaging fails its a case of bin it and buy a new one.

There are posts about jtagging dm800s on the forum somewhere. I've never had to jtag any of my old DM800 units so i cannot help you there unfortunately.

To be honest if you have tried reflashing a new image and bootloader to it then it does make it sound like a hardware fault rather than a software one.

Read the next bit carefully before even thinking about trying what i am about to say

You could try doing something else which may sound a bit weird to some people but may work. Its a case of thinking outside of the box which sometimes works when other things have failed, but i would do this as a very last resort and there is no guarantee that it will work as its never been tried as far as i know, but the way i see it, if the box doesn't work you have nothing to lose really.

Install an original image to it first which when you reboot will give it a no CA error. Updating it with an original image should overwrite any corrupt code from the bootloader and image as both will be different from the sim 2.01 version. You can then try to recover it from the no CA error using the guide that can be found on this forum. It may or may not work but its something i myself would probably try if i had nothing else to lose.

If you do try this you do this at your own risk as its something i have never tried and have no idea if it would work or not.

Nano

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!