Channel List wont transfer

There are 9 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,609 times. The last Post () by nirmies.

• I have got a channel list and edited it according for my area

I am using dreambox edit to send it to a dreambox 500s.

I press send files to Dreambox and I get the successful message.

I press reload settings and get the following messages.

This might take up to a few minutes to let the Dreambox complete the reloading.
    Connect error setting up telnet session for sending reload command.

I have followed the sticky on here using flipflops tutorial but get the error now never did before.

Any ideas what settings I can check that could be causing the problem. The Dreambox has a static ip and default username and password.

• Have you tried to change the settings so it reboots your receiver rather than reloading settings? You can do this in Dreambox edit options/ftp.

You could also try opening up a telnet session, log in to your receiver, prior to using dreambox edit issue an 'init 4' command, and then once loaded issue an 'init 3'

You also have the option of using an FTP client and sending the files to your receiver that way, once you have saved your results in dreambox edit.

If I take a while to respond, you can see why.....

:red:

• Im very comfortable with FTP. Which folder would I send the files to and do I ftp the whole folder or specific files from that folder?

• Ok here is a update.

I am trying the ftp method and now know that the satellites.xml file goes into /var/etc/ and every thing else goes into /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/

The strange thing is the destination folder currently has the files I am trying to update in there already. I can tell from the date and time of transfer as it is showing only as minutes earlier.

Another thing on my dreambox, after I send the files over which says successful, when I press OK,OK BLUE there are quite a few folders called HISTORY? This is the section where all my favourites would be organised.

The new channels are there and work under the red button but all jumbled up.

• Anyone got a idea what else I can try?

I've compared DB edit settings to ones on another computer which had only ever loaded channels onto a dream box 500s and they are all the same.

• Anyone got a idea what else I can try?

I've compared DB edit settings to ones on another computer which had only ever loaded channels onto a dream box 500s and they are all the same.

Does your web interface port on the box match what you have selected in your channel editor software? also try latest dreambox edit if you have not already done so.

Also remember e1 lists go to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ which should be selected on your software of choice

• Does your web interface port on the box match what you have selected in your channel editor software? also try latest dreambox edit if you have not already done so.

Also remember e1 lists go to /var/tuxbox/config/enigma/ which should be selected on your software of choice

Hi mate thanks for the reply.

Port matches fine. Going to a mates as he has only ever used his software on a dm500s.

Still does not explain that manually when I FTP into the folders updated files are there but wont initialise. I have even turned box off manually from power supply but new settings dont appear.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!