VU+ Duo 2 DVB C/T Tuner Virgin Media help.

There are 37 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 29,848 times. The last Post () by yogibear.

• Hi, I have just purchased a Vu+ Duo 2 and got a DVB C/T tuner with it hoping to be able to receive some FTA channels through Virmin cable but am unable to receive anything when I scan even when I do a complete scan.
    I have had cable tv boxes from VM before and everything worked OK but this time I'm getting nothing coming through, the line is active as I have BB with them.
    Any ideas anyone??
    Thanks.

i'm using Blackhole 2.0.6 image.

• No mate I didn't know I had to i thought it was a case of just scanning for channels, i'm new to the cable side of things. Also i'm not sure of the correct Net ID or frequency for my area i haven't been able to find the correct info on this, i'm in Teesside. Any help with these 2 things would be great.
    I found my old Virmin cable box earlier and tried it and was able to get channels 1,2,3,4,5 OK so at least i know the line is active and OK.
    Thanks.

• Which official virmin box do you have there? Get into the engineer menu and check what your netid and frequency is..usually holding up and down arrows(on box)NOT REMOTE! while powering the box up will take you there..then use the left and right arrows (front panel) to navigate and find this info for your area.

Ftp the file i have attached to share/tuxbox on your duo2 and reboot your receiver// when the receiver has booted back up and if you are not presented with the screen to add netid and frequency info then ftp the file to var/etc

Reboot and try again.

MK

• OK I have an old Tivo box and a V+ box from them. Tried the Tivo the other day and it wouldn't hardly let me do anything just took ages updating itself. Tried the V+ today and found the working channels.
    I will ftp the file over now bud and see what happens, then i will get the V+ box back out the loft and do what you said.
    Much appreciated, i'll let you know what happens.
    Thanks.

• I think its still the same procedure with tivo boxes to access the engineer menu but not 100% on that..the only virmin tivo box i have encountered was one that i dismantled to make use of the 1tb hdd for a friend... naughty boy that i am:)

• Its OK mate I haven't needed to do that anyway, I did what you said and was then presented with options to search for providers which I didn't have before. Im now doing a scan its 49% done and I have found 443 channels so far. Brilliant !
    Now im wondering if encrypted channels found here would work using the softcam I have installed for Satellite CCam 2.2.1 I think it is or do cable channels use a different softcam altogether?
    Thanks.

• Just to be clear, im using CCam and a cline from a Satellite server, would I be able to use the same Ccam to decrypt the new Cable channels if so what would I need to do as most of the cable channels I found are encrypted and black.
    Thanks.

• Just to be clear, im using CCam and a cline from a Satellite server, would I be able to use the same Ccam to decrypt the new Cable channels if so what would I need to do as most of the cable channels I found are encrypted and black.
    Thanks.

Erm

The server you are connected to must have the nagra 3 encryption(card on server) you are after..so it must have virgin caid 1841 if you are in teeside..

If channels are black then it would seem this package is not available on this particular server...did you not look into this before you purchased your rollsroyce receiver with catv tuners?

Put your line in cccam.info and see what caids are available mate.

MK

• No m8 I originally got the dvb c tuner to record mainstream fta tv to free up the other 2 dvb s tuners but as I learned how to get the cable channels I just wondered how far I could go with it.
    I knew cable package wasn't available off my server I just didn't understand how the cable side worked encryption wise.
    Thanks for all your help bud.

• No m8 I originally got the dvb c tuner to record mainstream fta tv to free up the other 2 dvb s tuners but as I learned how to get the cable channels I just wondered how far I could go with it.
    I knew cable package wasn't available off my server I just didn't understand how the cable side worked encryption wise.
    Thanks for all your help bud.

Hehe i understand now...no problem your welcome buddy.

The cable side works on a completely different encryption that sly does if thats what you are wondering!...sly uses NDS and the uk cable network and all other nagra encryptions use Kudelski for their security.

MK

• Thanks for all your help last night m8, it was a great help.

hi
    i have vu duo 2 with the latest black hole image i have tried the cable.xml as it mention in previous message but i am not having any joy. can some help me i know my net id freque and sr. where do i put the net i d in the reciver. i have placed the cable file in the folder as mention but no joy how can i acces that file do i need to edit the file before ftp?

• I would give the latest Vix a go it has everything need to get you going

updated cable xml file and 7 day epg works :good news:

hi i done the open vix in my vu duo2 but the cble tune keep failing, i live in reading can some one tell me how to configure the tuner.

Enigma2 DVB - FBC - USB Tuners

Enigma2 Tuners. Articles, Downloads and Support for DVB-S2 Tuners, DVB-S2X Tuners, DVB-C/T2 Tuners, DVB-C USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2 USB Tuners, DVB-T/T2/C USB Tuners, FBC Tuners, and Tuner Drivers.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!