no-ip not updating

There are 8 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 506 times. The last Post () by digi247.

• If you only have a basic account you have to access the account once a month to keep it active and to update changes

Nano

• I have the same issue on the PC i use to update my DNS. Once the DNS changes it will only update the dns to to no-ip if i reboot the PC, no idea why.

The Dynamic update Client just keeps throwing up an error. As soon as i reboot the PC it works fine.

Nano

• old thread i know,
    but how did u sort this out nano
    cheers

I have the same issue on the PC i use to update my DNS. Once the DNS changes it will only update the dns to to no-ip if i reboot the PC, no idea why.

The Dynamic update Client just keeps throwing up an error. As soon as i reboot the PC it works fine.

Nano

• I update mine through my Router now. Works a charm.

If your router is only showing DYNDNS try to find if their is a firmware update available for your router, that may solve the issue. If it doesn't its a case of finding software that will update the dns on your server, buy a router that does have your dns provider on it (An email to the maker of said router will confirm if it does indeed work with your dns provider before you purchase it) or use DYNDNS.

I would definitely try the firmware upgrade on your current router first.

Nano

• only option on router is dydns

On your dydns : (Dynamic Domain Name Server) do you not have a setting for entering the No-ip details, the last one i did was for someone who had CCTV and wanted a No-IP account for the iphone app and even the basic talk talk router he had allowed dydns information for no-ip

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!