Very low signal from hotbird,why

There are 2 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,054 times. The last Post () by mckee25.

• I have a question,i have a very low signal on hotbird, about 52%. The problem is that i had a cable guy turned the satelite to position it to hotbird checked for signal in his tester then plugged it it,i checked on my reciever and hotbird was locked so i said everything was ok so i paid him and he went on his way. A month later i tried to check the satelite but the signal is at 52%,i checked the satelite and it is tightly screwd so i am sure it didn't move,so i am guessing its the way the cable is connected to my reciever,so i am asking what is the proper way,is the metal strings from the wire affect the pemorfance???And if yes should it be cut or existed

• What size of dish?

If you can get to the dish easy enough I would get one of those cheap LCD Satellite Finders and make some fine adjustments.

With the F connector just make sure its tight and no outer copper strands can touch the centre core .

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!