Can't boot OpenPli 4.0 with BH 2.0.6 Meoboot

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,746 times. The last Post () by master G.

• Hi, I have BH 2.0.6 REV C in flash on my SOLO2 and decided to test a few images with MeoBoot.
    I have enabled it on my 32 GB USB stick and installed OpenVIX 3.0 , ATI 6.0.2 and OpenATV as images
    without issue but when I install OpenPli 4.0 (tried a number of daily builds including today) it starts
    to the nice boot screen but never loads enigma2 or shows a spinner.
    I am able to telnet into the image and look around but on running ps -w I don't see any enigma2 running.
    DMESG does not show up any issues I can see either.
    Noticed that the VFD on the receiver never shifts off the VU+ SOLO2 message, should it show booting nn messages
    like openXIX ?.
    I tried to start enigma2 via the command /usr/bin/enigma2.sh & from the telnet session but got
    an error about failing to load libcrypto.so.1.0.0 (for which I can find no entry in the /lib directory).
    Any one got any ideas or have this setup running or should I just give it up on this image as a bad job for the time ?

• Thanks for that Ten, I had not noticed the kernel was different.
    I did try and find an OpenPLI 3.0 image but came up empty so far
    with my searching.
    I did find one of your backups but after unrar and re zip it failed to install in Meoboot correctly.
    I will go and look again for a usb zip of a recent OpenPLI 3.0 image.

• Official Post

Thanks for that Ten, I had not noticed the kernel was different.
    I did try and find an OpenPLI 3.0 image but came up empty so far
    with my searching.
    I did find one of your backups but after unrar and re zip it failed to install in Meoboot correctly.
    I will go and look again for a usb zip of a recent OpenPLI 3.0 image.

You will find the latest HERE

• Thanks again for the link, I must pay more attention to web pages,
    I had been to the site, clicked on the SOLO2 builds on the right and only looked at the top of
    the page were the version 4.0 download links are and not at the bottom of the page were the
    3.0 links are.
    I normally run BH image but must say I am liking OpenVIX and also OpenPLi, do you or anyone else know
    if the OpenPLi 4.0 is worth putting into flash ? does it have any new features over the version 3.0 ?
    Is the newer kernel better, faster, less buggy etc ?
    Anyone on here tested it on a SOLO2 ?
    I guess I could just backup what I have and go ahead and try it, if it does not work out I could then re flash the backup.
    If I go ahead I will try and create a new thread with a review of what I find.

• Official Post

if the OpenPLi 4.0 is worth putting into flash ? does it have any new features over the version 3.0 ?
    Is the newer kernel better, faster, less buggy etc ?
    Anyone on here tested it on a SOLO2 ?
    I guess I could just backup what I have and go ahead and try it, if it does not work out I could then re flash the backup.
    If I go ahead I will try and create a new thread with a review of what I find.

There is no real difference to the end user, the main difference is that 4.0 can be compiled much faster. Version 3 is more stable atm.

VU+ SOLO 2 PVR Ready Linux Enigma2 Receiver Full HD 1080p

Download VUPlus Images and Enigma2 Team Support from Black Hole, OpenATV, OpenBH, Open Black Hole, OpenDroid, OpenESi, OpenHDF, OpenLD, OpenPLi, OpenSPA, OpenViX, Open Vision, PKT Hyperion, PurE2, SatDreamGR, VTi.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!