CrossEPG updates and enhancments coming to ViX

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,324 times. The last Post () by pheonix.

• Just a heads up guys.

Andyblac has once again twiddled those magic fingers and has commenced a major recode of the CrossEPG plugin, from build 755 CrossEPG will use a free tuner same as ABM does to gather its data. work is still ongoing but this should give you a quick idea of how things are coming.

Once again i would like to give my personal thanks to Andyblac of the ViX image team / OE-Alliance for his continual strive to improve Enigma2 for ALL users of all images alike.

Here are a few screenshots of the new CrossEPG in action in build 755.

• yeah they dont really show much but my point was that CrossEPG no longer has to switch to a radio channel to download it's database it does it via a free tuner, the same is now true of the defragment database option within CrossEPG too.

Andy has put a lot of work into this and some things may need more tweaking but overall it's ready to go. you can give it a try for your self a build 755 should be live via the online update option

OpenViX on Twitter @0penViX

• Official Post

yeah they dont really show much but my point was that CrossEPG no longer has to switch to a radio channel to download it's database it does it via a free tuner, the same is now true of the defragment database option within CrossEPG too.

Andy has put a lot of work into this and some things may need more tweaking but overall it's ready to go. you can give it a try for your self a build 755 should be live via the online update option

That wasn't meant as a dig in any way pheonix so hope it did not come across that way, yes of course i will be trying it but i keep BH in flash simply because using meoboot allows me to check anything quickly before answering questions from members here on different images.

• That wasn't meant as a dig in any way pheonix so hope it did not come across that way, yes of course i will be trying it but i keep BH in flash simply because using meoboot allows me to check anything quickly before answering questions from members here on different images.

no mate i know, just saying that the screen shots are quite deceptively simplistic.

• Full changelog
    -------------

CrossEPG 0.7.xx is now also available via our OE-Alliance sister images and the BlackHole Image series 2.0.7.1 onwards.

======

1-11-2013
    -[CrossEPG] version 0.7 thanks to Skaman, i still have some stuff to finish like new scheduler, AUS OpenTV needs testing.
    -add missing mo

2-11-2013
    -[CrosEPG] remove MHW2 from menu, as it is no longer supported, update About info.

8-11-2013
    -update scheduler to same procedure as AutoBouquetsMaker.
    -fix scheduler run for only instandby, and fix cosmetic issue.

9-11-2013
    -fix missing import.
    -[CrossEPG] allow unto 8 frontends.
    -Revert "[CrossEPG] allow unto 8 frontends.", This reverts commit ccd4c91.

11-11-2013
    -[Downloader] we can only use first 4 frontends, skip all others.

12-11-2013
    -allow to compile without poll, makes download slower as PID’s have to be read in order, but some drivers have issues with the original way.
    todo, make CrossEPG download a background task so the E2 gui is not locked, so it does not matter how long download takes.
    -allow more tuners.

13-11-2013
    -[download] allow a little time for motors to finish lock, before trying to download data

OpenViX Team Images Support Forum ~ based on OE-Alliance

OpenViX Supported Models ~

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!