Amiko Alien 2 Spark , HDMI - DVI problem.

There are 3 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,693 times. The last Post () by genci1.

• Hy there , i have a problem that i want to addressed to an developer.

My problem is that i have an plasma TV ( LG-42PX11 ) and i used on him Amiko HD8840 with HDMI - DVI Cable. Ok that works great with resolution 1080i 60 Hz.

I decided to buy and i take it an Alien 2 with Spark , i connected him to the same cable to the same tv , it is working but not ok ... i think the problem became from the refresh rate, but i don't understand how because on the other receiver ( Amiko HD 8840) works great with the same cable.

I tried many other resolutions with Alien 2 , i have changed Spark to Enigma 2 , i changed other cables HDMI-DVI but nothing , it appears some fine stripes on display with a frequence approximately 1 hz i guess...Tv is Ok i have no doubt , i even made some settings from the service menu of TV but nothing.

Also the receiver is OK because it works fine on other 2 tv HDMI to HDMI ok , HDMI to DVI ok , so in conclusion TV is OK , Receiver is OK , but Spark or Enigma is not having implemented a quick tune of refresh rate wich Amiko 8840 does have in his firmware because on the same TV ( LG-42PX11) the Amiko 8840 is working fine without stripes.

Can anyone help me or guide me to make some fine settings in file system or a plugin to resolve my problem because the TV is working fine and i don't want to broke him :d

Sorry for my bad english.

Greetings to everyone people.

• Thats exactly how my Alien 2 behaved before i sent it back to the seller. Its probably a fault with the receiver.

Does the picture seem better at 576i ?

Nano

• I understand but @ 576i it doesn't appear nothing but this receiver is working fine tested on others 2 new TV HDMI (ex Samsung LCD TV) , so i'm confused , if i will send it back to the seller is gonna say that the receiver is OK.

P.S , I wonder how Amiko HD8840 is working fine on the same TV Plasma with the same resolutions (1080i 60Hz) that i have problems with Alien 2. That is my problem!?

• Good morning, and I have the same problem Amiko Alien 2 tv Philips Plasma, Change and Cables nothing,in another tv LG LED works OK,Amiko 8820 works OK Philips Plasma 1080i 60Hz,I think that problem is TV Plasma.

• master G

Added the Label Display & LCD Support
  • master G

Changed the title of the thread from “Alien 2 Spark , HDMI - DVI problem.” to “Amiko Alien 2 Spark , HDMI - DVI problem.”.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!