My dish setup

There are 14 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 1,139 times. The last Post () by hilly.

• OK chaps
    I finally got my motor and dish up could do with some help
    I think its true south ish don't have compass used the 1 of me iphone
    I think ive set the right lelevation on the dish and put the correct poss on the motor as per manual
    ok what needs to into my dm800 lon and lat I guess
    do I need to add sat positions if so is that just a simple download of the latest E2 settings
    anything else B4 I foook this right up coz trust me I probably will
    Cheers guys

• Yep you will need to add a motor channel list bud, then you can edit out the one's you don't use with a editor like Dreamset.

Have a read of these tutorials.... Tuner Support Tutorials and decide then which one best suits your needs.

Best advice I can give you is first, have a lot of patience.... this can take a lot of tweaking to get right, even harder if you don't have the use of a sat meter. Add your long & lat to the tuner setup.

Drive the motor to zero if not already there. When the motor is in this position then you need to start tweaking the dish so that you are picking up Thor 0.8 W, try to get the best signal you can on this. This will involve very small movements of the dish left & right and changing the elevation of the dish up & down, do not change the elevation of the dish where the motor bracket is bolted to the pole, once you have set your Latitude on the side of the motor bracket leave it.

Oh and one last thing.... if the pole your motor bracket is bolted too is not sitting plumb, this will make it nearly impossible.

Good Luck!

fI7WHhv.png

Please click on the "Like" :thumbup: button if you find the information and support posted on the forum helpful.

• Hiya McKee
    my pole is as plum as I can get it spirit level top bottom left right done all that bud
    I have a sat meter all be it cheap 1 from B and Q
    motor is on 0 from when I bought it
    going off a dish pointer this is my long and lat
    LAT 53.7958
    long -3.0284
    elev 30.0
    Az true 57.3
    Mag 57.3
    Is this what goes into my dm800
    now how will I find 0.8w is it a case off just suck it and see if my dish is in fact facing true south will I just need to move
    dish left right up/down till my sat finder beeps at me

cheers

• you just need to input long and latitude for your location into the dm800,
    Then install catseye setting and choose thor + BBc worldnews ! Now line the dish up to thor and check if you get picture ! Peak signal and tighten up.
    Now try a astra 2 channel and if you did it right bingo your on !
    Small movements and half increment spanner turns = Patience mate and you'll get there !

Thor is 1 degree right of south !

Rik

78cm dish on tm2300 metal gear motor + 1m Orb with tm2300 + 1.8m Channel Master on H-H floor mount + 80cm ISS with TM2300 AND Inverto Black LNB,inverto Unicable QUDL 42 LNB,- Global invacom Dscc LNB,- Triax KA LNB, - Yuri LNBF C Band YLF-CDP16C

• Ok chaps me again
    right put it on thor went up the ladder with sat meter got bbc world news
    Now the problem I have is when disconnect the sat meter and put coax back in the motor it says tuner failed so what have I done wrong
    everything was fine when tightening bolts etc etc still had the news on
    then soon as the coax went into motor tuner failed
    so is it a setting problem

going off a dish pointer this is my long and lat
    LAT 53.7958
    long -3.0284

try moving dish to another strong sat say 13e? & tweek your longitude setting starting off with say 000.000
    see what signal % it gives & go from there moving dish about

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• check you cable from lnb to motor as i done one one a few weeks ago which was all set up but the tuner failed over night.Turned out to be the cable end so just cut it further down and been great since.

General Satellite & Installation Support Forum

Support for LNBs, Single satellite, motorised and multi-satellite systems. DiSEqC switches, positioners, motors, actuators, dish-alignment help.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!