Ddos attack

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 861 times. The last Post () by Mee®kat.

• hello guy, and i have problem and is big problem whit ddos attack.
    Any can help,how to be stop attack too your ubuntu server?
    do now any tuttoreal?
    or i need any special firewall for ubuntu oscam/cccam server?

Thanks

:linuxsat3:

• hello guy, and i have problem and is big problem whit ddos attack.
    Any can help,how to be stop attack too your ubuntu server?
    do now any tuttoreal?
    or i need any special firewall for ubuntu oscam/cccam server?

Thanks

Are you sure this is actually happening! granted certain sad individuals might see the fun in causing havoc with servers but is their any particular reason that someone would do such a thing! I mean this will take some doing to do this....lot of time and effort for someone to target your server.

What ports have you got opened on your router? if you have your webif/root ports opened then i would suggest that you close them immediatley and i would also change your server ports that you are currently using which obviously must be kept open..ie newcamd/cccam ports..whichever you use basically.

Another thing to look into is your hostname if you use one..i assume you will if your ip is not static..google your own dyndns and see what you get..to be safe i would change your dyndns also if you beleive you are under a ddos attack.

Csf firewall works well..have used that for a couple of years myself now on debian but if you configure that incorrectly it will cause you allsorts of problems too so i would look into what i have posted above firstly but thats just my opinion.

MK

Edited once, last by Mee®kat ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!