Dm 800se

There are 4 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 874 times. The last Post () by nano.

• Dm800se is the best

Is it??
    I've 2... but thinks it's down to personal preference fella?
    Iv a mate with VU-solo2 I setup for him & it's a cracking box!!
    & Others with VU-duo/Dm500hd/VU-solo etc

All do a great job when set right :-)

If my post helps hit the Thanks ;-)

• DM800Se is a good box but its no where the near the best. Its old technology compared to what is available now.

Nano

• Certainly not the DM800Se, compared to newer boxes on the market, it has a slow CPU and lacks memory capacity. As for what i believe to be the best box, thats one i cannot give a definitive answer as i only have the receivers i own to compare against the DM800Se.

At this moment in time i have more important things to spend my money on, my hobby is taking second place. My current receivers do what they need to do so i see no need to replace them so they are probably seen as old technology. I still have a Nokia dBox2 which is used daily still going after 10 years. Other than a few stripes on the front display its still as good now as it was when i first had it.

You just have to look at the specifications for what ever receiver you are looking at and decide for yourself. I myself would probably pip for the Vu+ Duo 2 if i was looking for a new all singing all dancing receiver as its good value for the specification offered, i certainly wouldn't buy anything that Dream Multimedia have to offer as its just too overpriced when other receivers with a better specification can be gotten for half the price.

I am well known not to follow everyone else when it comes to buying receivers, I like to look at what else is available. I have owned VU+, Dreamboxes, Gigablues, Technomates (both linux and non-linux) receivers, and some of the less well known receivers like the Medi@link IXSus and the ABCom IPBox range. I haven't put Amiko in that list as they aren't worth talking about.

When i buy a receiver i look at whats available for what i have to spend and then i usually buy something that most other people wouldn't even look at. I like a challenge when i buy a new receiver, it keeps the hobby interesting.

I hope that has answered your question Papy6

Edited once, last by nano: spelling mistake ().

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!