Newbie with a few qs!

There are 5 replies in this Thread which was already clicked 778 times. The last Post () by newtolinux.

• First off, thanks for the reply glenviewjf...

OK, I hear what you say, how do you rate the dreambox 800 HD ???? Bearing in mind that I know nothing. My current set up is a Humax box fed from a static dish and receiving freesat :-(. Which is OK but mostly crap if I am honest.

Do I need a motorised dish ????
    Can I stay with the static dish and a dreambox, I am guessing not, but I don't know ???
    IK do have a feed from my router to the humax box :-) so I guess that'd be a good thing whichever box I settle on, and I can just about manage port forwarding (if I can recall the router passowrd, otherwise it'll be the reset button HAh a haah)....
    I am in/around the kingdom of Manchester, or is that too much info Oops

Mr Griptight

• Ya the 800hd is a nice box!

Does everything you need it to!...

Like you said you need an ethernet connection to it!

To get the most out of card sharing you need a motorised dish! (great for footie, sport in general, movies, docs, kids tv, etc most in English!)

You'll get through it all with the help here m8!

• Official Post

Hi & welcome mate here is my opinion.
    First off, thanks for the reply glenviewjf...

OK, I hear what you say, how do you rate the dreambox 800 HD ???? Bearing in mind that I know nothing. My current set up is a Humax box fed from a static dish and receiving freesat :-(. Which is OK but mostly crap if I am honest.

Dm800 is a great box i had one myself, but my opionion is if your looking to spend that amount save a little longer and go for a VU+ Solo. You will not be dissapointed.

Do I need a motorised dish ????
    Can I stay with the static dish and a dreambox, I am guessing not, but I don't know ???
    You can stick with as static dish as many here do but you have no idea how much you are missing, or in your own words ( Which is OK but mostly crap if I am honest )
    IK do have a feed from my router to the humax box :-) so I guess that'd be a good thing whichever box I settle on, and I can just about manage port forwarding (if I can recall the router passowrd, otherwise it'll be the reset button HAh a haah)....
    I am in/around the kingdom of Manchester, or is that too much info Oops

Mr Griptight

These are only my own opinions im sure others will differ.
    Good luck with the next step when you decide on it.

• Okeeeedokeee, thanks to both of you,

Sorry bout posting in the wrong thread, I'll soon get the hqang of it :-)

Decision time I guess, and order a motorised dish :-)

I'll be back

• Another option you have rather than motorised is to fit something like a wizard arm to the end of your static dish. This will allow you to put more than 1 LNB on the same dish aligned to different sats. Very easy to set up in my opinion and inexpensive for what extra sats you can get. You will obviousely need to buy some more lnb's and a diseq switch but you could easily have 4 sat positions off say a 80cm static dish . No waiting for the motor to turn etc !!!!

Dont forget to hit the thanks button!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:41_002:

Some articles may discuss topics that are illegal, so this information is provided for educational purposes only, your use of the content, downloads and files, or any part thereof, is made solely at your own risk and responsibility. Viewing Pay TV without a valid subscription is illegal. !! Linuxsat-Support.com cannot be held responsible for the content of any information stored or posted on this forum.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!